Poll: How is Caerbannog doing as sysop?
Bad
Good
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop?
No Digsy. I'm "meh" on stuff like match results etc. unless something frustrating like a proper rep ignore makes my ship explode. Or doesn't repel someone into bombs. But while I'm not even in the game, the result won't really move me. Then again, I'm not very easily excited at least in a positive sense.

As for a smooth league experience, I'm all "yay". This does translate, in some effect, to practices. We've always had issues with practices, one way or the other. People easily feel wronged if they watch someone "good" suicide out practice after practice and remain to be picked. Besides whatever major issue in the practice settings we have going on, stuff like this always matters in regards to the player base. At least I think it does.

I'm not exactly sure as to why we currently have 12 squads, up from 6 a while ago. I'd expect it to go down as much if one or two squads fold and league feels like a set of sure-wins and sure-losses for the mid-tier squads, which most of these new squads are, or help produce.  But fact is, this is the current situation, with the current squad arena settings.

Disabling the squad mode (!forcecap) is easy enough, we can try this for a week or two or something to see what would happen. Messing with lag outs isn't quite as simple (since it's a bot change) and fiddling with the ruling on that might result in some unwarranted bans if we choose to enforce it as well.

I try to oversee as little as possible. Kind of the way it's meant to be imo. Plus I can't really be lecturing people on how to be nice to newbies either, or how to treat them as a valuable part of the practice arenas. That would be awfully hypocritical. While I might play with them, I certainly won't pick people around myself based on "this guy hasn't played for a while, I will give him a shot!".

P.S. I like the fact that you can at least form an opinion based on something logical #skypecirclejerk #raisajerk

Messages In This Thread
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - Savage - 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - 7th - 04-11-2013, 12:30 AM
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - oldvet - 04-11-2013, 05:38 AM
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - Street - 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - ImDigs - 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
How is Caerbannog doing as sysop? - Caerbannog - 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM