Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 years SS Tourney - BIG PRIZE MONEY
Hello everyone,

I have some pretty good news. One of the SS veterans (wishes to stay anonymous at this time), who still loves this game and has some extra money, has decided to donate $1000 to the 4v4 league in hope to attract people to play this game again and show that they are the best.

Full amount will be given to the winner of the league. It would start right after the season that starts on Feb 11<sup>th</sup> has ended (probably late May or July) and would be ran either as the new season or an independent league. This gives us enough time to advertise it (forums, in-game) and, also, enough time for pilots to get back to 4v4 practicing.

I have talked to several captains and they are all generally happy with the idea.

Not everything is organized yet, but here are some key rules.

In order to avoid stacking and have as many people and squads as possible, we would have 5 or max 6 man rosters. This way it’s easier for anyone to form a squad.

The avoid stacking part -> Captains would not roster just the best pilots they can find, they will also have to think about how active and reliable to show someone is. (i.e. Stacked team doesn’t show everyone vs. a weaker team -> the weaker team has a great chance to win the game.) In 2013, this would mean the league would be pretty interesting.

Another great thing is that 4v4 arenas would be full like in the old days, even on weekdays.

There is one condition. We will need at least 20 rosters for all this to happen. If there isn’t 20, it will not take place. Of course, double squadding is forbidden.

Please respond in this thread if you are interested. And send the link to people you think might be interested to participate in this.

Once we have the exact number of squads, we will know in which format the league will be held.

P.S. If it is a success, the person that is donating money will do it again.

SF

Messages In This Thread
17 years SS Tourney - BIG PRIZE MONEY - Street - 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM