Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad?
For me it's not about the quality of the squad, it's the people I play with. That's why I've generally recruited to my own squad people I enjoy playing with. 

Quote:<div>

<div>Don't get me wrong dev, I'm not talking about players that have been on those squads for the last 5 years. I'm talking about the unnecessary stacking.</div>

The top squads are 10-12 deep, while maybe 5-6 players get the playing time they should be getting.

Imagine if 2 of those players from each of top squads who don't play as much as they should, joined backarrow, cosmic rift, llamas, ego and sfe. There would be 5 squads with great lineups + 5 that could actually put up a fight on any given weekend.

So, my question is: wouldn't it be way better to have 4 really interesting matches every week than 1 or max 2 that we have atm?

</div>

I kind of disagree with you here.  I wouldn't be that interested in having a couple top players join the lower tier squads. That would most likely cut the playing time for those who enjoy the game and want to play against others at their level (yes they play the top squads, but come playoffs they still have a shot at winning a title in aml and getting playing time).  I would however be more than happy to see some of the top guys break off to form their own squad and make Pro more competitive. Most of the top squads have 14 rostered but really only play ~ 8 players ever. What if 2 or 3 players decided to join 2 or 3 players from another top squad and form their own squad? That would be a lot more interesting. That would keep the AML pool from being diluted with players too skilled and make PRO a lot more fun and competitive. It would also give more chance for other players currently in the above AML but not quite top notch PRO to move up to more competitive games as well.

Messages In This Thread
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad? - Surrey - 08-20-2014, 01:05 AM