Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad?
Quote:<div>
Your core was 4 players who have played in multiple championship games. One of them was Three, who is a top 3 player in the game. Then you surrounded that core with 7th, one of the best support players, treachen and hedcase8.

</div>

I'd say there is a slew of players above Three.

Overall, I thought OZN made some excellent points and offered some good advise. I believe this is the most key thing he said:

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I also said we spent years not playing as a team, not strategizing and just doing whatever we wanted. Finally we said enough is enough and focused on those things in order to develop a better team."</span>

<span>One of my the most frustrating realities in this game is pilots fighting their own battles, engaging in solitary duels, and ignoring the team dynamic. If you watch some of the latest CM or Assassins matches, they stay in a tight pack/formation and alternate firing bombs. I don't understand why this is so difficult for lower tier teams to accomplish. The logic is simple, if you and a team mate fire 1 bomb each, the potential for damage and energy conservation is more beneficial than attempting to fire 2 bombs on your own.</span>

I have realized that in order to accomplish such a seemingly obvious feat is the necessity for focus. Intent concentration is needed to stay with the team as a whole. I have come up with a simple formula which I believe can achieve these results.

1. Recognize the two best players in the starting 4. Let's say it's Jack and Bob.

2. Assign 1 wingman to Jack, and 1 wingman to Bob. The job of each wingman will be to follow the lead of Jack and Bob.

3. Jack and Bob work on staying in formation with each-other.

This will create a tightly packed form. Take it further by alternating firing bombs.. but I imagine that would require a lot more focus and skill. I have seen a few matches last season where CM and ASS managed to pull this off, perhaps unintentionally, but it was a thing of beauty.

Personally, and for the team I am on, the upcoming season will be an experiment in building a solid team dynamic by using simple strategies as the one I outlined above. I want to see how far a good team can go, and how it can overcome individual skill. 

Messages In This Thread
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad? - mindriot - 08-22-2014, 06:16 PM