Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bot Code Released
As you might have noticed, I have released new bot code to all 4v4 arenas. Fixes:
  • FullSub Crash: Fixed.
  • Actions after dying out (e.g. the Ozn Ban situation): To prevent anyone from affecting the game after they have died their third time, the player is now immediately spec'd upon the death. This will prevent a situation like the Ozn Ban situation from every occurring again.
  • Sendto: The !sendto command is updated for the new zone IP (finally!)
  • Spam: Fixed an apparently long standing bug in !spam (yes in !spam!)
  • Fixed a bug that could crash the bot with some types of games
  • Fixed a bug in .pracstats cmd (again, apparently long standing)
I expect to see a few more bugs - please ?msg me if you see anything out of the ordinary. Thx.

--hallu
(11-18-2014, 03:22 AM)hallucination Wrote:  As you might have noticed, I have released new bot code to all 4v4 arenas. Fixes:

• Actions after dying out (e.g. the Ozn Ban situation): To prevent anyone from affecting the game after they have died their third time, the player is now immediately spec'd upon the death. This will prevent a situation like the Ozn Ban situation from every occurring again.

Sika had a valid point in questioning this change yesterday, as it many times eliminates the possibility of a trade-off kill as the bullets and bombs disappear when the player is being put into spectator mode. In this light it seems like the original delay was rather a feature than a fault.
That is correct - the delay in spec'ing the person was to allow existing ordinance to possibly do its damage - yes, a feature. The brouhaha surrounding the Ozn banning was pretty extreme though - not a good situation at all for anyone and one that we do not want to see again.

That said, I think I just thought of a way to get both things (weapons exist for a few seconds, plus the dead-and-out person not able to influence the action with new ship toys). Let me look into it.

--hallu
Stick em at A1 for a sec.
A1 is not for people who die out!
Hehe he means outside the map, doesn't have to be A1. T20, A20, T1 would all work as well.

That might actually be possible though. The only bit I haven't seen done before ime is a specific period of time left at that new location :
- create a little spawning box at some location outside playing arena, surrounded by thuffler tiles - possible
- sent to a specific location upon 3rd death - possible
- given a certain 2 or 3 or whatever seconds it is before then specced - unsure
- then specced altogether - possible

Not my arena of expertise at all but at least worth examining to see if possible.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.