Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules?
(12-04-2014, 02:30 AM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  
(12-04-2014, 01:25 AM)McLaren Wrote:  
(12-03-2014, 01:07 PM)Arctos Wrote:  
Quote:Odin> game's already over
I second that. All you do at 1v3 is prolong the inevitable and kill the arena, which apparently you succeeded with. It's a practice game, noone cares what you can do 1v3.

Also, I'd take plare's word over most players. I seriously doubt he's lying.

What we need is a way to end these games to be able to move on to the next prac faster. Add something to the bot so that any cap can force end a prac that is 3 or 4v1 with a commanding lead.

Nobody else may care what you do 1v3 but, is it not your right as a player to practice your skills 1v3 in the event you face that situation in a real match?

Yes. And it needs to remain so. The only thing that requires changing is how the 'not engaging' rule can be enforced better as currently there is nothing in place.

Regarding the _two_ issues in the thread:
1) Rage has a 7 day ban (#VACation, anyone, eh?) -- as usual, the council could go about discussing about it and possibly lifting it, but read the reply I made to hallu's post before you rush anything Tongue Oh, he's done this before btw.

2) The engaging / running issue isn't exactly simple, as seen above. Mindriot feels like he was not running for the sake of running, but instead playing smart. Some people will constantly cry about the whole "it's a prac" -admiral akhbar 2007 situation. Enforcing the rule manually is pretty much impossible (huge popularity contest). Automating it sounds both really tricky and easy to abuse (setting the criteria for auto-end or warning: about to end unless you do a barrel roll). Something in between would rely on people being active instead of being alt-tabbed (something like a vote for players and people in cap queue). And then there are some options that would further pracs from actual games even more, such as 1) lowering the prac timer from 30 minutes to 15 (most pracs are "over" before this is up anyway) or 1b) knocking off 5 minutes from the timer whenever someone dies out (unless it would instantly end the prac).

Anyhoo, my internet has been bitchy as of late and I don't really get to prac much so the more active players could probably do better in judging the situation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules? - Caerbannog - 12-04-2014, 07:42 AM