Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules?
(12-05-2014, 06:07 PM)mindriot Wrote:  
(12-05-2014, 05:55 PM)BlueGoku Wrote:  Not only is it common sense, but it's the decent thing to do to spec when you are 1v3. It's not a league game, the lost erating is negligible, and you were probably already above 0 on regular rating. I wasn't there, but based on the log it is pretty clear the arena was not going to survive a 1v3 runfest. Why not do the decent thing and spec?

As for the ban, obviously it wouldn't have come to that if you had manned up and sat so that you could (most likely) play another game at 4v4. In a dying game I have no idea why we are still banning people for a week at a time (especially coinciding with what is supposed to be a competitive league). This whole situation is dumb and childish.

I've seen many instances where a player won a 3 on 1 or a 4 on 1. When did it suddenly become "cool" to give up when you feel you can win? 

Winning a 3 on 1 or a 4 on 1 is the ultimate victory and makes this game even more fun to play. I was playing for myself and for my team, and to maintain our win streak. I earned every right to do so as we won 5 games before losing this one. You don't just let a streak go because someone deems it impossible, that is not the way of a warrior.

Once again, if you cannot trap and kill 1 pilot with 3, that is actively engaging and killing you 1 by 1, than you probably need to work on your skills.

I was in the same situation the other day, facing 2 pilots alone, one of which was saiyan... I lasted no more than 3 to 4 minutes. I'm sorry that Odin doesn't have the skills saiyan does but that does not mean I'm going to just give up for him.

Also, I find this whole arena killing argument silly. Our game occurred shortly after midnight if I am not mistaken, practice matches usually run to about 1:30am. Still plenty of players and time to play.

Reading above and below posts.... Christ I can't believe I am typing this, Caerbannog, Odin, and Surrey have good points.

In all fairness, if you're down 3v1 or 4v1 and not making any headway because your opponents aren't Nightwatch or some AML team, you're going to lose. It's your prerogative to run and mine, sure.... pick people off that are over firing........ but anyone with common sense knows its inherently wrong and it kills arenas if your chances are slim to none to win. If you don't understand that then there isn't anything to talk about. In those situations I always have my team stand still and force the dumb-ass who honestly thinks he can win to engage. He has to come to you, shrug. Problem of chasing solved - the guys who aren't chasing don't look stupid, it's the one who needs 6+ kills in 10 minutes who does. I would employ that strategy the next time someone tries to be cute. That or TK each-other for repels and rockets and get in terriers/weasels. Still.... the person who has 1 in 230482304823890423904239239 chance to win, should spec.

Rage was in the wrong. I was involved in the first ban as I was hammered and went on the "FIVE LIVES" tirade when he did the exact same thing to me. I wish he was banned, but not for the match tomorrow.

"I've seen many instances where a player won a 3 on 1 or a 4 on 1." I would like to see those logs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules? - Three - 12-07-2014, 04:06 AM