Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 36 conclusion
As there is nothing ... at all ... posted about the washup of the season, I'm gonna post this. I  probably have everything wrong 'cause I'm newb and stupid, but I felt something had to be said - it's like a funeral in here!

PRO LEAGUE
Congratulations to The Dark for their 2-0 win in the finals rubber v Assassins. This is the third time The Dark have won the championship, after originally breaking a long long drought in Season 27. The Dark now have 3 championship titles to sit beside three runners-up trophies.

Bad luck to Assassins who had yet another powerful season but fell at the final hurdle. Ass's league-best tally of pennants remains at 11. This is the seventh time they've come in second, which means they have featured in the finals in exactly half of Pro League's 36 seasons. Not counting of course that some might consider they are a follow-on from Intrepid raising this figure even higher.

AML
Congratulations to Backarrow, winning their finals series v Llamas in straight sets for their first title. Candy's Backarrow were runners-up three seasons ago to Port Llast which some refer to as an upset. Not so this season as they cleaned up Llamasery in no uncertain fashion in the first final, and generally held control again in the second. Well done BA.

Llamasery might be smarting from the last couple of weekends but they are tenacious and one of the squads most likely to show for league even when its down to 1 team. I can't see them not climbing back on their horse for Season 37. Unlike Backarrow, Llamas have been around for an eon, winning 3 AML titles (4 if you count their reserve side when they moved to IML), 2 in IML (one while superbly disguised) and three runners-up trophies. They last featured in finals a few seasons back when simply living long enough to survive the 22 round season was as much an accomplishment as winning a play-offs series.

Thanks to all teams and players for competing in the season. 11 squads survived, two did not. Those 11 squads don't sound like a huge number, but note that you have to go back to Season 27 to find a larger number completing the season. That's the middle of 2010 - 5 years ago.

As a bottom-feeder shit player who can't fight my way out of a light fog, I enjoy playing when I get the chance. I love every minute of 4v4 (except for usually the 1minute mark, the 3 minute mark and the 4 minute mark of each prac Sad ). Characters don't get much more colourful than what is seen in 4v4 arenas, and I hope to see it continue for some time yet. So thanks for all the fun, and hope to see you around for another bitchfest!

- nfs
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Nice summary.

What now, besides waiting half a year for someone to update the top-left of the league map?

When is a new season projected to start?