Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional league - April 2015
(05-01-2015, 07:20 PM)SolarHydro Wrote:  
(05-01-2015, 01:48 AM)Surrey Wrote:  If anyone can explain the reason we have 14 players on rosters please do. If your reason is some times people don't show up, that's a stupid reason. If you're telling me that 14 players is needed to show 5 players on a sunday then clearly your squad is full of people who don't play, period.

SFE (likely the weakest squad in Season 37, and having been around since Season 1) has consistently opposed mandatory roster size reduction, every time the idea was floated.

We tend to have 5-10 players showing on a specific match day, and a quite different 5-10 another match day (yes, we know that not playing our 4 best systematically hurts our performance). If roster size is reduced, we may no-show on some match days to the extent of being discouraged or even forced out of 4v4 League, which would be a real shame. 

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)

You're telling me that those 4 extra people make all the difference? I really doubt that. I imagine if you had 4 less players who went on to play on other squads that you would show 4 every week still.

Here's your current 3 game playing roster

Something Dutch: 3 games
MFA: 3 games
ufotable: 2 games
A-Virus: 2 games
Inri: 2 games 
Shikaa: 1 games
Solar Hydro: 1 games

I would venture to say that solar was at all 3 games. shikaa was at 2 if not all 3. So I find your statements to be rather false.

And regardless, you would rather keep your 14 man roster and kill league than have a 10 man roster and continue with league? If you're telling me you can't field 4 players out of a 10 man roster you are full of crap or your squad is completely inactive. Based on the above stats I would say the former rather than the latter.

If your argument is actually that you like these players and want to stay together, no problem. You can keep your same chat, you can practice together all you want, but when it comes game time, god forbid you have to split into 2 teams and not play together for 45 entire minutes. The horror. Think about league, not just yourselves. You are advocating harming league to "better" 1 single squad. And I quote better because I don't think you are in any way shape or form bettering your squad. I think your squad would be better if you split in half.

Messages In This Thread
Professional league - April 2015 - Captor - 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Professional league - April 2015 - Surrey - 05-02-2015, 04:24 AM