Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S37 Playoff info thingies (and schedule at some point)
-- BYE into semis, Sins #1 by K/D in their two games vs TD, grats Smile --

1 Assassins 12-2 104
2 The Dark 12-2 71
-- Quarters, BO3s --
3 OUTLAWS 11-3 61
4 B.I.A. 9-5 19
5 Llamas 4-10 -33
6 Watchmen 4-10 -46
-- AML --
7 Symphony 4-10 -67
8 StarFire Elite 0-14 -109

Llamas +5 on Symph, +4 on Watchmen, +9 total within tied group
Watchmen -4 on Llamas, +3 on Symph, -1 total
Symphony -5 on Llamas, -3 on Watchmen, -8 total so Symphony are officially #7 and thus AML.

All quarters will be BO3 series. 1 game this Sunday, 2 the next. For the first games, Outlaws have the choice (by Friday) between Watchmen and Llamas with the default pick being Watchmen.
BIA will play the other team. Then Assassins get to choose which match-up they want their eventual semi-final opponents from. (before they play a single game)

For AML we can start whenever and play whatever up to a best of ... let's see, 2 games a week for 6 weeks. so 12 games max, best of 11. huehue.
I'm just speaking in my personal capacity as a player and all that. Does it really make sense for us (symph) and SFE to play each other like 1001 times? I don't really know what other option would be the best way to run the AML playoffs, but that just doesn't seem like a very appealing route. (Again, this is from my personal perspective.)

(07-22-2015, 07:17 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  -- BYE into semis, Sins #1 by K/D in their two games vs TD, grats Smile --

1 Assassins 12-2 104
2 The Dark 12-2 71
-- Quarters, BO3s --
3 OUTLAWS 11-3 61
4 B.I.A. 9-5 19
5 Llamas 4-10 -33
6 Watchmen 4-10 -46
-- AML --
7 Symphony 4-10 -67
8 StarFire Elite 0-14 -109

Llamas +5 on Symph, +4 on Watchmen, +9 total within tied group
Watchmen -4 on Llamas, +3 on Symph, -1 total
Symphony -5 on Llamas, -3 on Watchmen, -8 total so Symphony are officially #7 and thus AML.

All quarters will be BO3 series. 1 game this Sunday, 2 the next. For the first games, Outlaws have the choice (by Friday) between Watchmen and Llamas with the default pick being Watchmen.
BIA will play the other team. Then Assassins get to choose which match-up they want their eventual semi-final opponents from. (before they play a single game)

For AML we can start whenever and play whatever up to a best of ... let's see, 2 games a week for 6 weeks. so 12 games max, best of 11. huehue.
Qwing, maybe the better option would be that Symph and SFE wait for two weeks (like Ass and TD) and then play AML semis with the losers of 3v6 and 4v5. Would you prefer that?
As a player and league watcher, Street's route sounds a lot more interesting and fun to me. That is, I think I'd be more motivated to prac and show up on Sundays on that route, and imo it'd make AML more exciting to watch. In short -- I'd prefer Street's route over Caer's.

But I don't currently know how the rest of my squad thinks about this. If it turns out that they prefer Caer's route, then I'm happy to go with that too.

(07-23-2015, 10:12 AM)Street Wrote:  Qwing, maybe the better option would be that Symph and SFE wait for two weeks (like Ass and TD) and then play AML semis with the losers of 3v6 and 4v5. Would you prefer that?
On behalf of SFE: I'll test preferences with squad. Personally I'm a bit worried about leaving a gap until August holiday season.

Solar Hydro
qwing the bo11 is just the max.. I sort of forgot to mention that the AML squads should decide on a format. We'll run bo whatever minus enough rounds to end in time with pro maximum.

Nothing here from Outlaws. Message in-game from Mop already choosing whoever wins between BIA and their opponent... scheduling stuff soon.
Thanks for clarifying Caer. Sorry about misunderstanding your proposal (I'm new to league, so I'm not cognizant of the various presuppositions that may be in play).

(07-25-2015, 12:35 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  qwing the bo11 is just the max.. I sort of forgot to mention that the AML squads should decide on a format. We'll run bo whatever minus enough rounds to end in time with pro maximum.

Nothing here from Outlaws. Message in-game from Mop already choosing whoever wins between BIA and their opponent... scheduling stuff soon.
4pm:
Outlaws vs. Watchmen game 1 (bo 3) -- 1301032 (winner of series plays The Dark)
BIA vs. Llamas game 1 (bo 3) -- 1301033 (winner of series plays Assassins)

AML:
????

Next week's games will start at 3, then game 3 at 4 if necessary.
SFE puts forward its proposal for the AML Playoffs format and dates as follows:
a) Best of 3 spread over 2 Sundays if needed.
b) Matches 1 and 2 on 9 August 2015 at 3pm and 4pm; Match 3 if needed on 16 August 2015 at 4pm.

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)
(07-27-2015, 10:58 AM)SolarHydro Wrote:  SFE puts forward its proposal for the AML Playoffs format and dates as follows:
a) Best of 3 spread over 2 Sundays if needed.
b) Matches 1 and 2 on 9 August 2015 at 3pm and 4pm; Match 3 if needed on 16 August 2015 at 4pm.

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)

Agreed by Symph