Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
request before its too late caer
(02-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Candyman Wrote:  Look, there's no need get offended, i didn't attack you in my post. Whether i'm a shit player and Saiyan is ranked top 10 ever is completely irrelevant here. We have 6 squads grinding it out on sundays trying to keep it alive. 2 or 3 are hurting to show 4. Meanwhile we're arguing on msg boards and good players are trolling ingame and complaining about the state of the game instead of showing good example and forming teams they want to play for, before the seasons starts. The good old days aren't just magically going to reappear. You need shit teams that grind it out every sunday. Putting your self above and alienating is not the right way. There needs to be some sort of order before we can see change. And as far as your ideas on how to improve the zone, i'm all aboard.

Edit: i realise this will pull us into the arguement that you had a squad ready. More time should have been given to discuss a 7th squad and our options, before we started the season. If the council was more active, like in the past, we probably could have done it. But that requires more activity from each squad.

I appreciate the sentiment that you express in this post Candyman and agree with it all for the most part. However, if you will recall, a few seasons ago your Co-Captain Jinxi added me to your roster when you had several open spots on it. About a week later, you logged on during a prac that I was playing in with some BIA people and you said verbatim "sorry man this isn't working out" and squadkicked me, no explanation, no nothing. I think if you read this fact and compare it to what you have been espousing is quite contradictory. I had no grand expectations of actually starting or playing in league matches, I just felt like the best way for me to attempt to get better at the game was to take lessons from a squad of players that I, for the most part, liked the people on it and that I respected. I am very aware of the fact that,  conservatively speaking, I suck more than at least 75% of the players that play in league arenas. Contrary to popular belief, I am trying most of the time to do better. Yeah so I have played this game since beta but early on I really wasn't quite as obsessed with league performance as most are. I played just to have fun and hang out/chat with in-game friends. So then friends on Outlaws put me in an empty slot on their roster, again with no grand expectations by me. Though it may be difficult to believe, I feel that I have gotten incrementally better, though I am far from being very good primarily because of this. Good and great players giving me guidance and constructive criticism, as opposed to the people in pracs that constantly spam my ass about how much I suck and their amazement that I still suck so much after being in this game since 1996, telling me I should just quit. I have quite a few friends in Subspace that are either still playing or quit playing that I consider very good or great that I try to learn from.

(02-14-2018, 10:16 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  
(02-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Candyman Wrote:  Look, there's no need get offended, i didn't attack you in my post. Whether i'm a shit player and Saiyan is ranked top 10 ever is completely irrelevant here. We have 6 squads grinding it out on sundays trying to keep it alive. 2 or 3 are hurting to show 4. Meanwhile we're arguing on msg boards and good players are trolling ingame and complaining about the state of the game instead of showing good example and forming teams they want to play for, before the seasons starts. The good old days aren't just magically going to reappear. You need shit teams that grind it out every sunday. Putting your self above and alienating is not the right way. There needs to be some sort of order before we can see change. And as far as your ideas on how to improve the zone, i'm all aboard.

Edit: i realise this will pull us into the arguement that you had a squad ready. More time should have been given to discuss a 7th squad and our options, before we started the season. If the council was more active, like in the past, we probably could have done it. But that requires more activity from each squad.

I appreciate the sentiment that you express in this post Candyman and agree with it all for the most part. However, if you will recall, a few seasons ago your Co-Captain Jinxi added me to your roster when you had several open spots on it. About a week later, you logged on during a prac that I was playing in with some BIA people and you said verbatim "sorry man this isn't working out" and squadkicked me, no explanation, no nothing. I think if you read this fact and compare it to what you have been espousing is quite contradictory. I had no grand expectations of actually starting or playing in league matches, I just felt like the best way for me to attempt to get better at the game was to take lessons from a squad of players that I, for the most part, liked the people on it and that I respected. I am very aware of the fact that,  conservatively speaking, I suck more than at least 75% of the players that play in league arenas. Contrary to popular belief, I am trying most of the time to do better. Yeah so I have played this game since beta but early on I really wasn't quite as obsessed with league performance as most are. I played just to have fun and hang out/chat with in-game friends. So then friends on Outlaws put me in an empty slot on their roster, again with no grand expectations by me. Though it may be difficult to believe, I feel that I have gotten incrementally better, though I am far from being very good primarily because of this. Good and great players giving me guidance and constructive criticism, as opposed to the people in pracs that constantly spam my ass about how much I suck and their amazement that I still suck so much after being in this game since 1996, telling me I should just quit. I have quite a few friends in Subspace that are either still playing or quit playing that I consider very good or great that I try to learn from.

oh, and now people give me shit about being on Outlaws quite often. 
WTF Get off my lawn!

Messages In This Thread
request before its too late caer - p.k - 01-29-2018, 06:50 PM
RE: request before its too late caer - p.k - 02-11-2018, 02:59 AM
RE: request before its too late caer - Gruntster - 02-14-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: request before its too late caer - p.k - 02-15-2018, 06:48 PM
RE: request before its too late caer - Ozn - 02-16-2018, 02:10 PM