Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos Pub Map - Just messing around.
Photo 
Mainly made it to mess around with the map editor but figured since it's "finished" as far as the idea I had behind it figured I'll post it.

It's slightly smaller if you count all the unusable space.  The border is mainly for looks, filled with blockers to prevent greens/players from going in, and to make things seem to have a structure/purpose.  The bot area is separated to keep the bots from bugging through J12 and the castle safe areas.  Decent size for them to roam with two choke points which some like to use to funnel.  Added some Alpha/League elements.

Not sure what to do with the duel box, if people could agree to a dual and be warped there with set items cool, otherwise its just there. I don't like the idea of making safes harder to get into, mainly because it makes them not want to leave once they are in. This could be alleviated with a .bonus warp which can only be used while in safe, or something to that effect.

Other changes I would make are changing team sizes so a two player group wouldn't happen until 5-7 non-bots are in. Remove engine shutdowns, supers, and shields as greenable items. Allow them to be bonuses from safety still but remove some of the randomness that can confuse people. Chaos thrived with those but at a time when so much was going on it mattered very little.

.png   map2.png (Size: 289.34 KB / Downloads: 41)