Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League matches and holidays
Christmas and New Years will be off, as they (always?) have been. The other holidays you listed, funny enough, actually usually see a boost in population from what I can remember.

There's always the "I can't show up on superbowl Sunday", and then people do.

The season will take about 12 Sundays (11, if we have 12 squads since I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to play yourself), then an extra six to eight Sundays, depending on the playoff format. If we start August 14th with real season (so pre-season the week before that), according to http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2011&country=1 we can finish the season before christmas if we play on columbus day, labor day and veterans' day, and halloween. If we pp these weekends, the playoffs will have the christmas break between games.

It's ok to have a life, and even better to post something like this before the season. It's really hard to start ruling these dates out in any realistic fashion though. Some of the US players might rather have halloween off to play with their kids, than have the superbowl sunday off. They might not watch that.

We'd really need to poll everything and only allow for say 4 most popular holidays to be postponed, and even with that people will feel shafted.

So in a nut-shell, I don't know. Plus I'm not sure the majority of the player base is in the US. America? Sure. But the holidays aren't always the same up in Canadaland from what I can tell.

Messages In This Thread
League matches and holidays - Three - 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
League matches and holidays - Caerbannog - 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
League matches and holidays - Three - 07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
League matches and holidays - Caerbannog - 07-14-2011, 02:40 PM