Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more
[quote name='Nude For Satan' timestamp='1303364670' post='274806']

I would like to see green proliferation increase as population decreases. [/quote]

Just to be clear, this is exactly what Chaos-Bot has been doing since 1999 to counteract problematic low population scenarios with SVS settings. It's a question of degree, not a question of something new. The fact is that there are many MORE greens at low population levels than with SVS CD settings...

[quote name='Jenn_B']

...it was impossible to green my 30 bounty with KyoMan_ over 100 terrier bulleting me..[/quote]

[quote name='Nude For Satan' timestamp='1303364670' post='274806']

With less ships around you don't have the sizeable freq helping you green up by either greening or protecting you as you are greening.

[/quote]

Thanks to both of you for the feedback -- and to others that have been giving constructive feedback in the zone. I consider these settings to be in a test mode, so let's have fun working them out. I was able to green up a full ship in about 1 minute with 1-2 people in. Escaping Kyo to do so is another matter -- yikes!

Yes I agree that at very low populations greening could be easier. The original Chaos zone game design was never for those low numbers of people -- 2 people is a duel and needs to start on a more even footing to avoid the scenario Jenn experienced -- but Chaos is not a duel arena. On the other side there are abuse scenarios if greening is too easy.

Also, please keep in mind that if you choose to go to a solo freq when there are several people playing, you will lose the key advantage of team greening. These settings are really about encouraging more team play. You have the option of going solo, but you'll have to green for a while when you die -- that's the same as it always was in SVS.

I think I need to add start bty as a variable to the population settings for Chaos-Bot -- keep greens low-ish, but in very low populations, give people a head start. E.g. start with 75 bty up to 3 people; 50 start for up to 6 people; then to 30 bty after that. This will of course require testing and may not work as desired and a different course of action will be needed.

--hallu

Messages In This Thread
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more - hallucination - 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more - Yupa - 04-26-2011, 07:44 AM