Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more
ok so i had a 1 on 1 with samgun.

we were forced into this tiny square at the centre of the map because that's where the greens were. really not fun. there was no point going out of that area because the other player would just stay there and get the advantage of greens. we may as well have been in a duel box.

here's an idea for improving the greens situation, which is to me, fucking annoying as is.

ok we all know that bags and bags of greens isnt ideal and has its own issues. also the LACK of greens leads to some interesting game play, ie: aim at the green, not the opponent - he will fly into the green and you will have hit him. i love that idea and its the same kind of fun you get in quake or whatever when you aim your RPG at the health pack.

i propose a re-think of the greens and what they offer, these measures would, for me, make the game more fun:-

what we do is start off all the ships loaded

with everything maxed: max energy, recharge, thrust, speed, turn.

and all the upgrades: maxed out bouncing bullets and bombs (with prox), stealth, cloak (if youre a spider), X and anti.

and if possible WITHOUT all items. just a random few...

.. now i know this part is probably NOT possible so instead what we do is:

start with 200 bty.

= fully maxed out ships.

ok bear with me

next thing we do is take out all damage/downgrades so our ships will always have max energy etc.

we also take out all upgrading greens, eg thrust, prox, max energy etc etc, these are now redundant.

what we are left with is JUST THE GOOD STUFF, reps, bursts, full charges, etc and of course the other fun random stuff like shutdown and warp.

this means that we CAN have fewer greens and those greens will all be WORTH picking up/fighting for.

the only downside to this idea as i see it is players respawning instead of greening. so if there was a way of having a maxed out ship WITHOUT maxed out specials (reps, rockets etc etc), that would be ideal. i think you CAN do that because you had something similar when you won the flag game:

say you had a big bty like 300+ and you won the flag game, your ship would fill up with items right? well all except bricks..

couldnt we do something like that on spawn, like an automatic 'flag game win' so you would have all your items re-populated apprt from item X-Y and Z?.

if that is not possible then we would have to think of a way to reward players for not respawning. (or punish for respawning - easier to implement but no fun!)

oh and a PS low density of greens over a wide area would be more fun, then low density in a small area, for me and i suspect most others.

Messages In This Thread
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more - Capt ARGH! - 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more - Yupa - 04-26-2011, 07:44 AM