Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can We *MAKE* Someone Play This Game?
[quote name='Gadianton' timestamp='1302111305' post='274467']

How is a hunter gunning a newbie down 50-1 any different then me mine reping them. o ya i remember. A hunter will yell and scream in pub chat that the newbie is a %$@$# looser and should go kill them self. Some times i actually let a newbie gun an me and he gets a rush of getting a few kills. I don't see hunters being some kind generous group helping out newbies so get off your high horse.

[quote name='Caerbannog' timestamp='1302103573' post='274462']

There's a built in problem with a single newbie scenario though. Pretty much no one in the zone can play with them without killing them 50:1 if they want to.

[/quote]

That's why i suggested building 20-30 dumb bots for the newbies to have something to shoot at. If i let the newbie kill me Hallu will accuse me of gifting and BAN me and remove the 2,000 bounty kill from the newbies record. Then the newbie would be REALLY confused.

[/quote]

First, you seem to use "hunter" as a synonym for "pro players". Assuming you're not talking about league players as a reference to "Pro League", still a weird analogy.

Second, it doesn't matter who does the killing. I did not say that it does. Your original point was no less valid after I pointed out that you minerepel newbies if you can. Although I will go on and state that a minerepel is the WORST way you can kill a newbie. It makes zero sense to them, they're not low, they die. I've seen this happen in real life a few times.

I've never seen you let a newbie "gun you". Not even for two seconds. Most people in the zone won't give them a fighting chance. Even if I ever do it, I feel stupid doing it. And I feel like the newbie feels stupid too with someone obviously toying with him.

And no. You did not suggest dumb bots so that newbies could kill them. You suggested bots so that you could kill the bots, and kill the newbies trying to kill the bots.

You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Like we previously discussed; the original Subspace comes with "Tutorial", where you get to kill drones. Go download it.

Not that bots would be all bad, if only used in a ?go tutorial arena for target practice etc.

EDIT: Newbies do not even know what a record is. They also won't contend for winning a category. They won't be confused.

Messages In This Thread
How Can We *MAKE* Someone Play This Game? - Caerbannog - 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM