Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Map - bdhadar-v2
Download link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ltcn76j85ruzrp/bdhadar-v2.zip

Screen shot:

[Image: bdhadarv2.jpg]

Stats, theory craft, and whatnot..

Map now runs from Coord Box D4 diagonal to P16 and is perfectly square as far as the game engine cares. 

In some places this has removed 11/2 to 2 full 'coordinate boxes' in size from the perimeter of the current map.

The core elements comprising the center of the map have been retained, unedited for structure, but with some minor

visual elements added in for flavor, consistent with current visual themes already on the map.

Where edits were made, and I chose to create new structure arrangements ; it was largely because the 

old structure was cut in such a way that it broke it's function entirely, and was so drastically different, that players

would need to 'relearn' it anyway, and, with perilous dead ends and corners left in many of them, I felt it was 

better to opt for something entirely different, but somewhat familiar to those that regularly play both CZ

and 4v4.

Most added bits are pulled from either the Original Dev's Apprentice Map, or the common

4v4 map (AKA: Alpha-Bits.... lulz). 

New Original Bits :

D4 safe zone.

O4 safe zone. (w/ warp gates)

Pass through structure at D12.

Famous bits making a return, or debut:

The old B-17 Safe Zone returns @ E-16 (with warp gate)

(lower left corner)

Alpha-Bit T-20 Makes its CZ Debut @ P-16 (with warp gate)

This is pretty much it... pull it down, test it out... let me know if you find anything out of place, or otherwise.

Thanks!

<span style="font-size:10px;">All credit to those that made this map, and bits, before me.

Nearly everything used was pulled from existing maps in the current zone.

Tileset is the same as the current map. 
I seek no 'credit' for it.. If you like it , and use it, or even if we don't, 

the honor was to contribute it.

Thank You.
</span>

Looks Fun! now hopefully we can get it up in chaos to play it!

Nude you may love the t20 but i'll be flying into b17 Smile

did it ever have a warp gate b4 is that a GC6 original? Smile  Either way i like it as the safe you can park and not get trapped in. tho i suppose if the warp gate isn't touching the safezone you still have to dash for it.

...Axe
The only corner safe without a gate is the D4 (Top Left) safe zone.

Gates have been added to the other perimeter safe zones.

The gates are all adjacent to the the safe tiles, Like the Spiral was before it.

It's kinda hard to see them on this screenshot - but they are there. Smile

They may not end up making the final final cut though, it depends on how they are received by players

and what Hallu thinks of them and of course, what their actual affect is on game play is if any. 

Ie: it may make it easy to slip chasers - but then again, given that all these are at pinch points on the map,

if they get to one, I'd say 'that says more about ones ability to finish a kill than the targets lack of skills for running to such a safe zone

in order to use the warp gates to avoid chasers.' 

Either way, the chasers 'should' return towards center, instead of setting up shop and stalking, and hopefully, those that 

park in the safes use the gate to return to the action (warping them into center were hopefully more action is) instead of taking long flights to

get back in... even even if they don't, the map is so much smaller now, again, they're going to run out of room faster anyway.

I remember flying around looking for people last night a few times - and thinking "I'd be at the edge of my map already" - instead I still can't see the edge,

and have no idea if someone is even down here (usually no - lol) Either way.. I think the theory is sound, but practice and theory are always two different things.

I tried to make it so the flow leads back to center and make it easier to filter back through center..

I hope it works.. Smile 

I now also have a 'More eviler' version.  No corner safes, (Only safes @ G8, M9, and J12) and only one gate on the whole map.. now tucked nicely into J12...

Even perma-walled the gates at center around the diagonal tube too.. (and created a pass-through or two.)  wheee..... Tongue

Careful to do 2 much revision Smile better to play otherwise you will be stalled in crafting forever!

As far as the corner safes.  My suggestion would be One safe with a warp out gate.  That way if you want to park with the option to escape  you have to pick that one.  Makes for good strategy in the chase!  and of course i would pick the classic ball safe Smile

You can always ask Hallu to put your map up in a background arena like he did for me with my chaos0axe (chaos west 0bounty start)

...Axe
Looks great! good work!