Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death throes.
This entire debacle is going to end up being the death of our game. What do you think pops are going to be like when and if this is ever resolved? The longer it takes the worse things are going to be in the future.

Relax, Ninespike.  Everything is gonna be alright.  Zone'll probably go back up tomorrow.  A week down isn't going to kill Chaos.  Population will probably be lower until people that don't check the forums or player zones find that the game isn't dead.

When it's back up and running, your eMail contatcs. social media links and whatever you can, to tell everyone it's back.

We should be right.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I suggest that for the situations like these we need everyone update their "nick" email adress. I bet mine is from somewhere early 2000, heck I don't even know what address it is or how to change it.

and someone should have in hands a copy of that list which we could use in these situations.

Those email addresses would be have big value, considering we want to keep the game alive and running, by not losing even those once a month logging in players.
I'm not sure how helpful that would be as nobody has access to the eMail database or the rights to mail to it. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm still much keener on spreading news via in-house mailing lists and social media.

There are a number of Facebook pages and groups for Subspace as a whole or various zones, etc. Hell, a number of 4v4 l33ts had their own group once, not sure if that's still running. TW and EG have big facebook communities. I manage one for Alpha West tragics and have another one for Chaos although I've never really pushed it on anyone (I need help updating it as I struggle for time and I feel its a letdown of a page while its so little managed). I have 3 mailing lists - one for any alpha west player who gave me an address (sadly two more addresses are now Return to Sender), one for dropships and one for ex-Alpha reunion players. I wouldn't be surprised if people like Hamburglar have contacts for some of the players on their squads.

Others Skype each other when they play, I am pretty sure Gad did, That means they have contacts for those players. I'd take the risk of lame running and mine-repping turrets in CZ if it meant averting empty servers 24/7. Some people use that shitheap Steam as a social tool and would have some players listed as contacts.

Various squads have mailing lists. One very long-running 4v4 squad - from reports - has a very massive one.

As soon as the proper servers go green I'll be letting everyone, that I can, know about it.

I can't guarantee the population won't take a considerable hit, but I can urge that there are options out there for keeping a whisper in the ear of players who are drifting loose.

- Nude For Spam

Refugees of Alpha West - https://www.facebook.com/groups/121271761234869/

Subspace Chaos Zone - https://www.facebook.com/SubspaceChaosZone

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I've attempted to delicately procure the email list in the past with no luck.

Maybe an in-house list would be best? This is probably something the 4v4 council could help initiate. The community would have to collectively choose who would be a responsible wielder of emails...my nomination would be Solar Hydro

-Plut 

Quote:<div>
I'm not sure how helpful that would be as nobody has access to the eMail database or the rights to mail to it. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm still much keener on spreading news via in-house mailing lists and social media.

</div>
How do we update the email attached to our username? When I enter the zone anonymously I usually type nonsense because I am so annoyed at losing the whole 2 seconds it would take me to type in an actual email. I also prefer not to attach my email to certain usernames although my IP address defeats that precaution anyways. So, if you are someone who has to review that list, my apologies. heh.
theres no way
what i miss about chaos lol

http://youtu.be/9GKSJAuHX1k

The Game is the Game.

Reliance on a Central node of names is weakness

You can still play all the SS you want regardless of what other people do to a central location.

You can write your own client, biller, directory server, chat client and continue to play SS regardless of what else happens.

As far as creating a new email list.  Just start doing it now or use a biller that collects the info or use a bot in your zones to ask for email.

RE-AXE and carry on

...Axe
I should know better than to post to this fucking forum. If you ignore someone on the forum they should be blocked from seeing OR posting to your fucking posts. Hello? Otherwise we are forced to endure the above fucking nonsense and then we seriously start questioning our membership in this forum. Oh, and I already know you are going to post you fucking troll but I won't be reading as I won't be checking into the forum.

Nine out.

Nine you are a maroon Smile

I don't think SS is for you.

...Axe
you both are idiots

Your*

now drink

...EZ

DZ...
u as well

i think nine is right, and its all of you, that have your heads up your asses about this.

i have reason to believe this is it, that ss is done with..

and to you axe, you have always been a cunt, you will always be a cunt, and the only thing that

will ever change is that you will be a bigger cunt in the future.

http://youtu.be/3mjtsXaYRV8 is for the rest of you.

i just had an idea....

what if its true, that ss has had it... i think i have a plan.. i really do like most of you..  so what if we were to as a unit kinda invade another game... think of it, we already know eachother... (and yes axe you can come too lol) we know what we can do...i can just imagine if all of us showed up in some game at once..(im pretty sure we'd win haha)

Dislodge the corn cob from your asses,

hit esc+ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and go fly...

HELP THE GAME , don't sit around and fucking TALK about what it needs... GIVE it what it needs...

....YOU.

Guys I have seen this happen more than one time since I have been here since 1996. Not exactly the DDOS however is still amazingly here. I was surprised when I came back last fall and saw the participation after 10 yrs afk from this game. We have had alot tougher shit to deal with than this back then and this will I am sure be worked out to a satisfactory solution. One way or another, as always ini the past, it will survive. 

WTF Get off my lawn!
Quote:<div>
Dislodge the corn cob from your asses,

hit esc+ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and go fly...

</div>

bbbut the only zones i give a shit about aren't up. at this rate probably won't be any time soon. 

[Image: idMzkyZ.png]

you couldn't force me to log into a zone not connected to the main db

also, also TRENCH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554