Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitch deaths in a league game?
Last month i was in a practice and i was on my second life.  I don't remember if i was near saiyan or trying to attach to him but all of a sudden i hit a mine or a bomb and i die.  The, a split second later i die again.  The bot registers two deaths and i'm put in spec.

This month i was in a gun duel with someone on my last life.  I got down to 100+ energy and fly away.  I was flying around recovering for a few seconds then i was spec'd by the bot at a registered kill.

1. I'm curious how this is actually occurring.  Is the bot receiving some kind of kill/death packet that i didn't receive and therefore registering the death and putting me in spec?

2. Now what happens if this occurs in a league match?  For instance, say the tie breaking match of the championships?  How is that dealt with?

I've had two similardeaths last fall I recall those happen, never before or after. It has happened to many and it has something to do with your lag

It seems like it happens a lot because there's like 30ish practices being played every day. Additionally, people are more reckless in practices so the chances are greatly increased (since people redline alot and take substantially more risks). On that note, I have seen it and I don't know what causes it.

It's been extremely rare for it to occur during official matches because they're slower paced and there's fewer of them. So I don't think its become an epidemic or something that requires immediate action.

I agree it's not a huge concern.

But what if it happens in league during a tie breaking match with the team that is significantly leading... and all of a sudden its now 3v4?

i've probably had this hapen 3 or 4 times in my many many pratices I have played.  I've been at like really low then bot registers a kill and then I die soon after  or something like that.  Nothing new here, doubt anyone will fix any of this so who cares. 

If this happens in the tie breaking match of the championship, the match would be replayed from some point before it happened.

Or in the even rarer scenario of the game having been 3 vs 4 and then turning back into a 3 vs 3 again we'd have to see if the players feel like playing it again from 3 vs 4 and what would probably be full toys.

I can only remember one instance of a partial restart to a game where the toys weren't set to full for all or 0 to all, and that's when we still had mousey tracking items faster than any bot, damn.

This is caused mostly because of bad client configuration affecting server.

I have never come across this issue in Chaos/League zone on my client.

I recommend installing a fresh client with no graphic add-ons and no fiddling with the game settings.

My game settings are as follows:

16-bit, 150 brightness

Avoid page flipping, Disable clipping.

That's it.

The simple answer is that the bot is just another player/client. There is lag between all clients, in this case, the bot just happens to be sitting right on top of the server. 2 clients can see different things based on packet reliability. Since the bot sits on top of the server, it will drop far less packets than any remote player. This being said, the bot sees and registers any shrap/bullet/bomb that got dropped to the player(s).

TLDR; You lag more than the bot does and you dropped your packets but the bot did not.

Just for the sake of record Street Fighter just experienced this in a prac about 5 minutes ago. Exchanged deaths with Buny ... or did he ... as Street died, Buny died, then Street died again. All from the one exchange. Must have been frustrating.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
@Bargeld: You're wrong, this has absolutely nothing to do with the bot, all it does is record a death of a player since match began.

It's a game bug which we can do absolutely nothing about.

I'm not WRONG. What I said may not apply to the situation that occurred with nfs's example, or with Micloren's first example, but my explanation could absolutely apply to Micloren's 2nd example. What I described is actually very common, but no one notices it unless it occurs at a critical moment, like death damage. It would not explain 2 deaths in a row, but would only explain a single death from a player who 'died without being hit by anything'.

Btw... the better approach is to make your rebuttal, and let other's determine who they believe is right, wrong, or otherwise, rather than open a sentence with "You're wrong". It's just a jerk thing to do, and usually just makes people more argumentative.

Yeah, your explanation can only fit Micloren's 2nd example, to be honest, ever since I started playing Chaos this never happened to me nor to anyone I know, this is actually the first time I hear a person, in this game, in the past 14 years that I'm playing that gets killed about 5sec after he was gundueling.

If that really happens often in Chaos there is probably something wrong with the bot coding then, following your explanation and it should be checked.

I took your advice to mind and I hope I won't have this approach anymore, thanks for that.