Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squad Evaluations - Season 23238977432349834
Since the only squad evaluation posted for this season was by a troll I figured I would post one. Hopefully this will spark other's interest to do the same. (Post for real, not troll)

Alphabetically:

Assassins

Looks like Assassins will be joining in this season after all. There is still a question of activity vs inactivity but they should still be able to field a solid 4. I suspect we will see mediocre interest in regular season and more interest/activity as the season nears playoffs. Dev and saiyan are the most active players but showing on Sundays is more important than regular week activity. Look for Nacre, Mop and kdak to show for some random sundays and help bring wins in. Sika seems to have disappeared so jury is still out on him.

Ideal Lineup: develop, saiyan, nacre and Mop

Full Sub: Kdak for whoever

Backarrow

Returning for a second season is a team captained by Arctos and mis-managed by Candyman. Backarrow has a commendable amount of activity, with Pracplane in full effect and euro pracs taking place on the daily. This team has some good individual players but relies heavily on Tunahead being on his A-game and Candyman staying in spec. I suspect this team will do pretty decent in playoffs - with some possible upsets. However, this all hinges on Arctos calling the shots and Candyman keeping his trap shut.

Ideal Lineup: Arctos, Tunahead, Plarep, Sabrewolf

Full Sub: Savage for Sabrewolf

beastfu

Teams like this spawn up every season, with sometimes good results....but not in the realm of winning. Usually they lose the first 3-4 matches they play then no-show. However, every once in a while a new guy is recruited to a team like this and becomes active in league...gets pretty good then transitions to a more stable team. That's the only hope I have for this team.

Ideal Lineup: Any

Full Sub: Any

discombobulate

Newly formed team for this season. I think they can do pretty well. Roster needs a little cleaning of dead weight though (wahini, frowzy). I don't know who McLaren is but he's doing pretty decent lately. RICKDAWGGGGG has had pretty exponential skill growth as well - that's been cool to see. Overall I think that if this team can level out and learn to play well together they can upset some people.

Ideal Lineup: Mindriot, McLaren, Joe Jr, Acidfreak

Full Sub: Pog maybe?

Dropships

Another newly formed team for this season which has bits of Port Llast and Alpha Reunion. The activity is questionable though, some of these guys come on for short stretches of time then disappear. I see this team battling discombobulate in a decent match. Their squad practices have gone ok, with mixed results. They will need a bit more offense though, Mighty Sven habitually backlobbing puts a wrench in any team's momentum.

Ideal Lineup: Plutorus, Harmchief, Mighty Sven, Pryde

Full Sub: replika maybe?

Ego

Jury is still out on Ego. bhang wasn't able to show up and they got crushed by Backarrow in the pre-season opener. They're definitely in need of recruits and could be deadly if they picked up one or two solid guys. If they can get more people they will be competing with Llamas for a semi-finals spot.

Ideal Lineup: bhang, pseudo, fedu and captor

Full Sub: Whoever

Llamas

This squad has always been a favorite of mine. I think it's because on any given Sunday they can upsets a good team. The only thing they're missing is one or two upper echelon players. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of good players but they're all at about the same level. They're in need of a current player or a new player who can create opportunities and openings without flying out of control. I believe they're counting on this person to be Ghostbuster but he's either super rusty or lost his spark.

Ideal Lineup: Ghostbuster17, Nine, Psyanide, twista

Full Sub: Dagger, PP or CFK

Outlaws

So this is FTNguyen renamed but with a hint of stackage. With the addition of chrono and enforcer it's become clear that these guys didn't like losing last season. I think everyone knows the story here: Caer and Crescendo should stay in spec, Legacy tilts after early deaths, etc etc. Look for this team to be in the finals or knocked out in a close semi-final match. Oh yeah, and chrono is double-squadding.

Ideal Lineup: Village, King, chrono, legacy

Full Sub: eric clapton for legacy after first early death

StarFire Elite

I think we all know this story. Smile

Ideal Lineup: Shikaa, Something Dutch, unfotable, mfa

Full Sub: scubie

The Dark

This team returns but took a page from Outlaws' book and added 9-volt to bring on the stackage. 3 guys from the Flawless starting lineup and 4 guys from The Dark starting lineup. GG. We shall see if they all remain active but this is another team that could get eliminated in the semi-finals or make it to finals. Oh yeah, and trouser ferret (chrono) is double-squadding.

Ideal Lineup: Da Douche, Blink, benji, trouser ferret

Full Sub: Jocker or Nadai

Awesome writeup, does a great job a digging a little deeper. Upvote.

Spot on, thoughtful assessment of llamas. Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Oh I'm sure we didn't like losing. But no one made a big deal out of it. Not everyone is as obsessed about the end result as ... well, some people on a "new" squad. IIRC, we just summed up the dumbest deaths / situations in the game and moved on.

The recruits could have something to do with some "new" squad recruiting two of our more active players. Don't quote me on that though, I'm barely online enough to show up on Sundays at the moment.

Still cool that someone does these. I ran out of things to say about the same 80 people a few seasons ago =)
What are u talking about caer? 7th played a lot, but aquitas played in what, 3 games? So active means shit if you are not playing, right?

Everyone recruits, some because they are creating a squad and some just to stack up Wink

Quote:<div>
Oh I'm sure we didn't like losing. But no one made a big deal out of it. Not everyone is as obsessed about the end result as ... well, some people on a "new" squad. IIRC, we just summed up the dumbest deaths / situations in the game and moved on.

The recruits could have something to do with some "new" squad recruiting two of our more active players. Don't quote me on that though, I'm barely online enough to show up on Sundays at the moment.

Still cool that someone does these. I ran out of things to say about the same 80 people a few seasons ago =)

</div>

Pretty much what Street said. You guys barely played Aquitas and he's a solid player.

With the exception of Enforcer and hibachi you guys have 11 active pilots who sign on at least twice a week. That's far more activity than any other squad. It will also prove to be a huge playtime issue for your team on Sundays as well. So good luck with dealing with that drama.
Please post the schedule for matches...... and is double squadding (being on two rosters) now legal? If so I'll add chrono to our roster as chronos.
Quote:<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Caerbannog" data-cid="289548" data-time="1394792541">
<div>

</div>

Pretty much what Street said. You guys barely played Aquitas and he's a solid player.

With the exception of Enforcer and hibachi you guys have 11 active pilots who sign on at least twice a week. That's far more activity than any other squad. It will also prove to be a huge playtime issue for your team on Sundays as well. So good luck with dealing with that drama.

</div>
</blockquote>

Ah but you see, one of the better parts about being on Nguyens is the lack of drama. We're all old and tired, and seen hundreds of games. I haven't seen anyone whine about playtime once. We only ever start asking to play when we're subbing in silly subs or something Tongue

And my perspective is obviously euro-skewed, if I logged on, I'd see 7th and Aquitas practicing. That means that they seem active. It doesn't matter if they don't necessarily play games. A squad needs active players for the others to prac with to.. well, be  a squad. Being on Llamas you should know this from a few seasons back..