Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S36 Supposed to start this weekend
Uhh hi.

We're supposed to start the real actual season this weekend. We currently have (or do we) 14 squads.

Critical Mass and beastfu are already looking more or less like they might not make it. This will suck a massive amount of dongers if/when I schedule for 14 and they then drop out. One squad out would mean one BYE. Two squads out would mean two byes. Or rescheduling for 12 teams, which is a hassle.

If we axe 2 teams after one round, I think the math works out for scheduling for 12 and recreating round 1 from games that were played (force beastfu vs. CM round 1). Then move around some of the other games to keep the remaining rounds in the season somewhat uniform. When I did this, the recreated round 1 had 2 match-ups from round 10 and 2 from round 9, making those rounds look silly.

Fixing the schedule for 12 teams after 2 rounds is pretty much impossible.

But what we might be looking at for this Sunday (yes it was round 6 in the randomized schedule, which I also had randomize 3pms and 4pms. Too bad it didn't assign them 3/4 or 4/3. So I'll end up changing those up a bit.

<div> </div>
<div>6<span> </span>Assassins<span> </span>-<span> </span>Slopships<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Starfire Elite<span> </span>-<span> </span>Llamas<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Outlaws<span> </span>-<span> </span>Backarrow<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Critical Mass<span> </span>-<span> </span>beastfu<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Symphony<span> </span>-<span> </span>WTF?<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Sterling<span> </span>-<span> </span>The Dark<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Cosmic Rift<span> </span>-<span> </span>Dropships<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-</div>
<div> </div>
<div>One (bad) option is of course to throw in another pre-season round but require squads to show up. Then schedule the above for real round 1. Then possibly remove CM and beastfu if they no-show twice in a row.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I miss pyramid, it's so much more flexible Sad</div>
How about you do one more week of preseason to make sure all the squads are going to show before starting the season?  That would make more sense than having week 1 then teams dropping out.

Quote:<div>
How about you do one more week of preseason to make sure all the squads are going to show before starting the season?  That would make more sense than having week 1 then teams dropping out.

</div>

Yep, it's still a bad option IMO, like mentioned in the original. But I'm leaning towards something like that.

So basically we schedule the above round with squads required to show up (mostly CM and beastfu though). Everyone else already showed up twice, or once.

This should result in something between 12 and 14 squads. In the case of 13 squads, I think some people were discussing attempting to fill the void with a new one. As long as that squad is formed before the hard lock it should be fine. We'll just BYE the "top squads" first, seeing as how they would be more likely to cause a loss to a new squad anyway.

Then there's the chance of starting with CM (13 squads), forming or not forming a 14th squad, then having CM dissolve a few rounds in.. which would also suck Smile
Actually just remove us (beastfu). The troops have been defeated.

As I see it, this just gives CM 10 more days to decide whether they will play or not.

Why does everyone think we are not going to play?  We'll be there on Sunday.

Sorry to disappoint gentlemen, Critical Mass returns, as I posted like 6 weeks ago. We were in the off-season right?

I'm glad a good number of you used that time to practice up - clearly you needed it. 

Great to see said players were so quick to kick us out of league. You're all <span style="font-size:10.5pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">schleps</span>.

Good luck. Can't wait.

Edit: nobody gives a damn about pre-season.

The rumour did not originate from outside CM. Regardless, very glad to hear it's unfounded! 

Great to see said players were so quick to kick us out of league. You're all <span style="font-size:10.5pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">schleps</span>.

</div>

Edited by Three, 3 minutes ago.

</div>
Nice!

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
As NFS said, your own guys said you are likely to not return. I'm pretty sure the whole community wants as many squads as possible.

Sorry to disappoint gentlemen, Critical Mass returns, as I posted like 6 weeks ago. We were in the off-season right?

I'm glad a good number of you used that time to practice up - clearly you needed it. 

Good luck. Can't wait.

</div>

I mentioned in the council that our team was iffy for a week or so and then said after last week we were probably fully returning.   more specifically I said that we might have a few players that couldn't make sundays because it is a busy fall. 

So you can chalk this up to me if you like. 

Good to see it was just CM doing #just3things.

Regardless, we'll still only have scheduled pracs aka pre-season today.

I'll randomize a brand new bracket for 14 squads next week and post the schedule before Sunday Tongue

I'll use BYE Round for squad #14.

So what's the difference in starting today or next week if we know how many teams there will be?

Except, if you prolong it, we might not be able to finish the regular season before the Xmas and New Year break.

Good luck. Can't wait.

</div>

"Schleps" LOL

I was in NY recently and heard that word a lot, pretty hilarious.
We'll be there.