Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AML PLayoffs?
AML teams, how do you want to settle the score. There are five of you.

Backarrow and StarFire Elite.

Port Llast

BlackNike

Alpha Reunion

So unless someone drops out entirely we either have to....

1. Run a round robin, this would take four weeks and make very little sense, but include a lot of games.

2. Give BYEs to three squads and have the bottom two duke it out for the fourth spot. Then continue normally.

I didn't know we were still in the mix but I assume that we are now in the AML playoffs after losing to Llamas?

I'd say go with option 2.

On behalf of SFE (not as yet conferred with squad) I like the idea of playing matches against opponents for which the outcome of the match isn't a given. Therefore, I am more tempted by option 1. 

Ooooh, 50/50 split. Although I'd be more tempted to resolve it in favor of Solar Hydro based on his remarkable AML experience =)

Also messaged plut and NFS ... couldn't figure out who to even message for blacknike, none of their players have been on for 10 days.

I'm also in favor of option 1 - more competitive games in a season full of a blowouts can only be a good thing.

I'll try and make it easier by voting opt.1 also

Looks like it's round robin. Can we do it so that we play two games each weekend, 3 and 4 pm?

By letting two squads fight for 4th spot in advance is absolutely idiotic and I can't believe that as league coordinator you actually said that, you're supposed to promote competition, not kill it.

I prefer option 1. I'll speak for BlackNike now that I have returned from my month long holiday hiatus.

Personally I'm for Option 2 but I haven't been around so any other active AR player can over-rule me.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Quote:<div>
Looks like it's round robin. Can we do it so that we play two games each weekend, 3 and 4 pm?

</div>

It would mean that half of the population might miss the pro finals, if both pro semis end in 2 games.

Right, if we are to take that in account we have two options - either go with option 2 or we have AML playoffs for another 4 weeks.

Quote:<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Arctos" data-cid="288925" data-time="1389216837">
<div>

</div>

It would mean that half of the population might miss the pro finals, if both pro semis end in 2 games.

</div>
</blockquote>

Option 2 doesn't allow everyone to watch the finals in your scenario either though. As it would mean Finals are on the 19th, which would only be semis for AML.

A round robin with 5 squads is 4 games each... but sadly has to feature a BYE too.. so it actually takes five time slots to complete. This would have AML end on the 26th, assuming there's no, or just a best of 1 extra championship match between the top 2. This is kind of silly in terms of championships... but it is in theory AML, so I'd think more and what might be even games is probably worth it.