Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha Reunion v BlackNike
I keep asking about this with no result, so here it is again :

In Round 1, Alpha Reunion enjoyed the rest due to a 9-team competition and a 12-0 boost courtesy of the rules attending to having the BYE for the round.

In Round 2, new participating team BlackNike took to the vacuum and commenced competition.

This season is a "one minor round" season, meaning that each of the teams play each other just the once, prior to playoffs/finals.

My AR are clearly a low-end team, designed primarily for feeding any decent players to other sides, and providing one third of all council members from it's past rosters. Seasonal success is not associated with the squad's name, and it's possible we may struggle to record any wins at all, due to the nature of the team's makeup as it is. That is, of course, other than the default 12-0 versus BYE Round.

BlackNike have started very, very rusty and while the jury is out as to what straps they might hit, they are currently most likely the most appropriate match-up as a competitive actual opponent v Alpha Reunion.

There are also links between the two sides, both in relation to their original roster sourcing in the past and in the sourcing of their renewal this season. A game between the two sides would be akin to a "local derby".

It would be a shame to not see AR and BN face off against one another in a regular season match.

For that reason, I am appealing to the league operator to assess the possibility of replacing the current Round 1 results for AR and BN (currently 12-0 and 0-0 respectively) with a "catch-up" game at a time that suits all three parties (both teams and the Op) sometime prior to conclusion of the regular season. This would require agreement from BN and also from the Op, but the first step would be simply to understand whether it would be possible, even if it were approved.

I have suggested this a number of times before but perhaps in the wrong places. I now submit this both as a request on the public forum as a thread in it's own right, and also via my role in Council representation to the Council for appraisal, in case that is the more appropriate route.

Thank you for considering.

- Nude For Satan, co-captain, Alpha Reunion

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Could schedule this for you if you can ever agree to a date with BlackNike where both of your games would be at 3pm, then play each other at 4 or vice versa. I've seen it numerous times and forgotten to reply Tongue

Stats wise it'll not affect BlackNike as they were never given a loss for missing a round, AR's round 1 12-0 K/D will still hang around though, to be adjusted at the end of the season (if anyone remembers to remind me, or it even matters)