Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bot server on the way + the return of the Stats Site
A new bot server is on the way. Among the gains will be that the stats website will return. I hope to have the work completed before the weekend so that league matches can occur.

--hallu
All bots up now are real -- Scores are up and count again. I have lots more to do, and there might be some server ups and downs over the next few days, but the first priority of getting the bots back for play is accomplished.

Stats NOTE: I was hoping for a completely seamless transition, but unfortunately the stats (Chaos and prac stats) between early Monday morning and now were lost. At least I have things up again to finish out the Reset (Tomorrow morning!) and for more pracs and the League matches this weekend. Caer will need to reenter the games.

--hallu
Thanks for all the efforts that contribute to the pew pew factor hallu!

<div>From news.txt:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The bots are back!</div>
<div>I intend to get 4 2v2 bots up.</div>
<div>Feedback on the boards or ?msg me</div>
<div>about any issues or ideas.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The stats site is all working nicely</div>
<div>and almost ready to go.  </div>
<div>I'm still doing DB tuning and webserver</div>
<div>config, but it should be available to</div>
<div>everyone soon.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>--hallu</div>
Hallu, just so you can have someone who's never satisfied while Eth is asleep - re the old messageboards: is there any way to retrieve them even as a read only archive placed somewhere for viewing?

(well done though, pretty much everyone has been hanging out for this day, and this is one thing that really CAN stem pop loss to an extent - stats on the web!)

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I have all the old forum info as it was the day the stats/forums became unavailable to the outside world. Keep in mind though that the forum data was lost at various points from not being backed up (which should now no longer be a problem with the new host) so it's sadly not a complete history.  That data is in the db now, but installing the OLD forum software with the proper version was a major headache when I had to rebuild the server when it crashed hard in June of 2010 - iirc I had hack some of installation procedures to get it to work (it was an old version of the forum software back then).  Thanks for mentioning your interest.  I have a very long list of things to attend to for everything to be in good shape, but that bumps the priority of that one a tad.  If I do get it installed, I'm not sure I want people posting new stuff there, or if we should keep all the board stuff here now...

btw, in  case you didn't see, Caerbannog has access to the scheduler and the games are posted for the weekend.

I've always seen the stats as being a critical thing despite many people professing to 'not care' Wink  I did a lot of work to get the stats available via the bots while the web not accessible, but the website is a far better interface for that sort of data.  We can hope that helps to revive things, but I am considering some radical changes to the pub arena if things don't pick up.  As always I'm willing to listen to suggestions.

--hallu
Closing this topic - new topic here:

http://www.subspace.co/topic/26906-chaos-and-league-stats-site-back/

Ideas comments, etc. please respond there.  Thanks!

--hallu