Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S33 R1 and Full Schedule & Some Rules
Quote:So 10 squads, thats pretty good. I'm looking forward to this season and i hope all the squads stick around. Feels like league is in a upswing. (in b4 someone says this game is dead) 
Agreed - very good to see.
Quote:There's been a lot of faggotry in pracs lately though. Please let all the newcomers play when they've waited in line and want in. We can't afford to be hostile to new players. Who cares if they drag your stats down? Don't play if you can't handle the game without stack or getting carried. Look for serious pracs with your squad. Requiem is open for scheduled pracs with anyone who wants to. Msg me in-game if you're interested.
I still say stats in pracs do more harm than good, and they should be turned off. Pracs should be a time where the results are not permanent, and people can experiment and help other players learn the ropes of league without it reflecting on their record.
Quote:There's also been an issue of namestealing going on. maybe mod privalige in the zone should be looked over? I have no idea how many ppl have access to mod powers on that level. And who do we talk to to get our names back? Will it be an issue with rosters if it happens later on in the season?
I spoke with one of the two players who had a name stolen.  He had gone into a non-SSC zone, many of which are set up to steal nicks from the unwary.  He should be able to get his nick back by the usual method (ssc.subspace.co/lostpass).

If you see the "not an SSC zone" warning when entering a zone, don't enter unless you're sure the message is in error (an ASSS server can occasionally give this message erroneously).  If you want to check out the zone, create a duplicate profile with the same nick, but a *different* password and *different* chats (yes they can be stolen too).
Quote:I tried reading the thread about ship settings but that turned into a shitstorm. Are we confirmed for no changes in ship settings? What about the council?
Almost every single player I spoke to expressed support and interest in a Council, however, I don't think any player said "put me on the council" as opposed to "someone from our squad should be on, and we have good candidates..." I think it would be a good thing for the league. I'd like to see more diverse options for play brought back (e.g. make cloak and stealth part of the strategy again by raising the cost differential of running X) - I think more ways to play means there's more strategy involved and more variation in play which makes things more interesting.

--hallu

Messages In This Thread
S33 R1 and Full Schedule & Some Rules - hallucination - 02-06-2013, 05:13 AM