Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad?
Quote:<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ozn" data-cid="291877" data-time="1408543595">
<div>
At our core most of us played on Aenima, Thor and Requiem together YEARS before we got traction. Beforehand we didn't really put a substantial amount of thought into lineups, teamwork or much of anything. I think it's safe to say - because of that we hovered around at being a mid-level team. After improving as a team and figuring out what the problems were we had the opportunity to display our teamwork capabilities on Requiem. Subsequently we formed Critical Mass and were able to attract some quality players that were an integral part of us making it to the finals.

So with all that said I would sincerely suggest that you stand in front of the mirror and ask what you can do to create a better team. Don't just expect a top player to materialize and solve all your problems because it won't happen.

</div>

That first paragraph sounds like your team practiced for years worked out a bunch of stuff and got better. Then you attracted a couple really good players that had nothing to do with the previous YEARS of coming together as a team, and those couple guys were integral to your progress to the finals.

Just seems like the messages conflict with each other.

</div>
</blockquote>

No. In simple words I said we were a mid-level team that figured out our problems, fixed them and was able to develop the allure necessary to attract more quality players. I also said we spent years not playing as a team, not strategizing and just doing whatever we wanted. Finally we said enough is enough and focused on those things in order to develop a better team. There's nothing conflicting there.

My message is....if you're a low-to-mid level team you need to find a way to demonstrate some level of competence and potential in order to attract quality players. You can't just enter league with the mindset that no effort is needed to be successful or to attract better players.

Messages In This Thread
What is the incentive of joining a top tier Pro League squad? - Ozn - 08-20-2014, 08:23 PM