Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think Lag Is Stupid
Israel was always a place of controversy, even before the UN, take the crusades as an example. Saladin united the area, and conquered Israel, and eventually went after constantinople, spain, etc. Muslims became dominant around the 11th century, both in knowledge and warefare. At the time there were two popes. Both supported the crusades, so that christians could travel to the holy land, as well as for various other reasons. There were three major monarchs involved, Richard the Lionhearted, Emporer Frederick Barbarossa and and Philip II of France. Saladin generally kicked their ass. Israel was already conquered in the first crusade by christian powers, however they lost it, and richard the lionheart had to fight saladin for it. Eventually they came to an agreement and both died around the same time too.

Eventually Knights templars were formed to protect pilgrims to the holy land, and act as a banking system.

Either way Jews were always a minority. Because before that, Rome had power. And Jewish people often saw everyone else as Gentiles or outsiders. The jews didn't like Christianity because Peter was more Liberal and felt gentiles could follow the teachings of jesus and god. At the same time, Jews had more strict rules which later on Paul of Tarsus didn't believe a person had to follow in order to have faith. Outside of the bible and in the eyes of history, Peter and Paul were among the first missionaries. Who travelled all over spreading christian beliefs. And often people had to worship in secret, because Christianity was not accepted in Rome until 300 C.E and even then it took until 500 C.E for christianity to truly be accepted.
[quote name='Death Incarnate' timestamp='1344116019' post='283442']

Dear Lag,

I have reason to believe that you are stupid....

[/quote]

Why are you trying to reason with a guy with a brain injury that has left him drooling on himself?
Have you tried getting a better internet connection?
My teacher told me about it/we glanced at it in class, but i never got around to reading the whole thing. i think we read some short stories.

it's pretty good, especially if your into history..