Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reform The Zone (rewrite the bots, move to ASSS, etc)
Moderator Edit: Have moved these posts from "Move the zone" to a conversation of their own - Nude

(12-31-2014, 01:33 AM)BlueGoku Wrote:  TW has suffered the same population decline as every other zone. They have a billion robots, though, which artificially increases their stats. But any time I've popped in there in the past little while to see what's going on (during the 30 seconds I can stay connected before it boots me for resolution) the zone has seemed fairly dead. A pub going on, sure, and maybe javs, but that's it.

With that said, consolidation is probably the only way the game will survive another few years, but every zone needs to first get on ASSS instead of continuing to use severely outdated and limited server software.

After that's done, continuum could essentially be one game world, with tons of different arenas all operating independently.

I agree. However, this won't ever happen. People in "power" sitting in their command centers (mothers basements) don't want to step aside.

Countless times this has been tried. I don't see hallu, passplay, simonsays, and/or ghost ship knuckling under, sorry.

A few of us 2 years ago funded the bot coding and development for new pro bots, had another zone ready to go (ASSS server), new maps, adjusted settings, a dedicated server, etc. Shot down. Dueling was automated - it was pretty sick. If anyone wants the entire story and the dealings with "management", as it were, talk to Devious. Your head will spin.

To quote a fantastic low budget movie Cube which seems fitting:

"This may be hard for you to understand, but there is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It, it's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Can you grasp that? Big Brother is not watching you."

That is the best description of Subspace "management" I can think of.

The sad fact is the game will die. Enjoy what seasons we have left.

Feel free to try.

Messages In This Thread
Reform The Zone (rewrite the bots, move to ASSS, etc) - Three - 01-02-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Move the zone. - oldvet - 01-02-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: Move the zone. - Three - 01-02-2015, 10:40 PM