Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospective Changes to the BONUS SYSTEM
[quote name='hallucination' timestamp='1301084185' post='274022']

[quote name='Capt ARGH!' timestamp='1301006010' post='273981']

i would like to see a max-out bonus, like tuneup but it gives you all the weapons NOT specials ie it would max out your energy, your bullets, and make them bounce, max bombs, give you stealth (and cloak if you’re a spider), give you X and anti. that would be a good change.

[/quote]

heh I already had this new feature ready to release when Nude started this thread. I called it 'fullship' (!bonus fullship).

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"][quote name='Caerbannog']Tie bonuses to streaks[/quote][/size][/color]

Caer -- I *think* you mean that bonus points should only accrue for kills when they meet the same threshold that streaks have (>75 bty)...? (I can think of at least three diff ways to interpret "tie bonuses to streaks")

I'm not surprised to see vets advocating to get rid of bonuses and (particularly) ranks. They break the game design of Chaos imo. See item I.h in my Chaos Philosophy doc (which I mostly wrote in 2002) [url="http://chaos.sscentral.com/?page=chaosphilosophy"]http://chaos.sscentr...chaosphilosophy[/url]

Making bonuses only available from Safe would at least take that advantage out of real-time game play. I think launching 120 bursts in a row (which I could do right now with my 80 bonuses) is a game-wrecking ability/terrible game design. Similarly, if you've been hunting someone and have caused them to use up their toys, they shouldn't be able to just prize themselves new ones in an instant.

--hallu

[/quote]

Oh, I don't mind which streak you interpret it as so much, as long as it is somehow session based instead of gathering 50,000 points which converts to manymany bonuses in one reset, then being able to use them for say, a kill death ratio run in the next. That makes no sense in my head.

I'd opt for all kills myself, the same the bot spams as Godlike! at 38:0.

Messages In This Thread
Prospective Changes to the BONUS SYSTEM - Caerbannog - 03-30-2011, 06:30 AM