Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4v4 / duel / PUB same arena activity
been visiting other zones lately and noticed most of the action takes place in their pub arena, i think this helps the zone keep more lively, this suggestion is for newbies to come in and see action and stay, old players come in and enjoy spec chat or unspec to fly around pub to chase nacre's 1k bounty Big Grin or duel on the arena all while waiting for 3v3 or 4v4 to happen all on the same arena,

the map is huge and divided click to view on attachment on this post to see what im talking about

area 1: same 4v4 map we use
area 2: open space for hallus chaos bot
area 3: more space for flags and rabbits
area 4: is for dueling (warm up for 4v4?)

now im not sure how bots work and if they need to be tweaked or if its just a matter of moving the bots around

-the population isnt so high, we can have this during the week since its mostly 3v3's im sure it wont be clustered
-thors wont effect the the areas

Attached Files
.png   map ss.png (Size: 25.59 KB / Downloads: 27)
I really like this idea actually. The majority of other zones do utilize this and it works. Hockey Zone bases the areas of the map on Frequencies...not sure if EG or other zones do the same, but this would definitely give the "new to the zone" an idea of what we have to offer...maybe help in keeping the zone alive a little longer.

Palin-
Good idea.
I've talked about this idea for a while now.. I hope i'm incorrect, but i don't believe the bots are able to run different games in the same arena?

And i don't want to put Hallu on the spot, but he seems unwilling to let go of chaos? Does chaos have a single active player left?

Couldnt all that pub bot power be put to flourish what's left of our zone (pro/svs), in public. Combine games, and make the bots fill in when needed.

With everyone in pub, we could truly hold events on weekends. Say WZ, RZ, PB whatever on saturdays, pro games on sundays.
(08-13-2017, 06:30 PM)Candyman Wrote:  I've talked about this idea for a while now.. I hope i'm incorrect, but i don't believe the bots are able to run different games in the same arena?

And i don't want to put Hallu on the spot, but he seems unwilling to let go of chaos? Does chaos have a single active player left?

Couldnt all that pub bot power be put to flourish what's left of or zone, in public. Combine games, and make the bots fill in when needed.

With everyone in pub, we could truly hold events on weekends. Say WZ, RZ, PB whatever on saturdays, pro games on sundays.

chaos does not exists, its essentially a hallway to 3v3

as for bots im sure they can be tweaked, its a matter of someone willing xD
AAAAAAAAMMMMEEEEN
Be nice to get some comment from hallu when he has a moment. To my understanding, which is admittedly limited, Candyman is correct in saying the bots need their own arena to work as currently designed.

I support this idea or any other that makes our pub not seem a ghost town filled with Gruntbots™
(08-15-2017, 11:23 AM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  Be nice to get some comment from hallu when he has a moment. To my understanding, which is admittedly limited, Candyman is correct in saying the bots need their own arena to work as currently designed.

I support this idea or any other that makes our pub not seem a ghost town filled with Gruntbots™

wtf Sad
Hallu, could you please comment? Caer, whats your input?

adding to the thread: there's been a few seasons since we had an active council. decisions and issues were better resolved back then. The council forum is completely inactive. and whats left of it is sitting on a pro council chat in the game. The members include me (b.i.a.) street fighter (llamas) solar hydro (sfe) peeking (symph) hallu (server) caer (league op.) We have reached out to other squads to select an active council member in previous seasons.

With no one making active decisions it will be hard to change anything in the zone..
(08-21-2017, 01:37 PM)Candyman Wrote:  Hallu, could you please comment? Caer, whats your input?

adding to the thread: there's been a few seasons since we had an active council. decisions and issues were better resolved back then. The council forum is completely inactive. and whats left of it is sitting on a pro council chat in the game. The members include me (b.i.a.) street fighter (llamas)  solar hydro (sfe)  peeking (symph) hallu (server) caer (league op.) We have reached out to other squads to select an active council member in previous seasons.

With no one making active decisions it will be hard to change anything in the zone..

not a single comment from the top dogs, not a care in the world im guessing,

as far as council goes, i suggest a 3v3 league >Smile add that in
Can we get an answer on this? Would it be possible to at least get the public map changed from chaos to league map and 4v4 prac bot? If more than one practice needs to occur people can go to another arena. We need to pool people based on when they first enter so things can get going easier. It seems nobody regularly plays chaos pub anymore.

We have old players coming in every night waiting for the practice arenas to get going and they end up leaving. Everyone is displaced between pub chaos, duel, 4v4 and 3v3 - and it would be more beneficial if we could pool people in one area.
Bump.
Bump day 3
(03-16-2018, 01:50 PM)Ozn Wrote:  Bump day 3

I have suggested that we use the 4v4 arena, or a modified smaller version of it, for years, much like we did what, 20 years ago in pro, when you needed to be allowed to enter pro. Fuck me I miss those days. Candyman is correct.

No idea why the chaos map which could literally fit 200+ players is still being used. Oh wait, I do know, chaos has been dead for a decade, yet nothing has been done except add terrible bots because someone doesn’t want to let it go, BAZZZINGA. Hallu you're doing great. I have to say thank you for the master of chaos reminders when the Titans go to battle, the best of the best, and for the daylight savings time reminders, man, just solid work. I would love to see this clown even fly a ship in a 4v4 practice. Chaos is dead. It’s been dead. Let it go.

Menteroth, ^5 on the discord chat channel/server (seriously - I think it's a great idea).

Aside from returning the public arena to a pro one, why can’t we have proball/powerball league on saturdays? Does someone in a castle own the rights to a sphere being fired by spaceships? Does anyone really care? T3 Gauntlet used to have a league which incorporated league play, coupled by CTF/Powerball. Why can’t we have a version of that running in tandem with pro? Or seasonally? Is some kid who didn’t design the map but inherited the “rights” going to call shenanigans? Is there a patent, trademark, or intellectual property agreement that has been signed for each zone? I’m guessing not so what’s the problem? It’s time for a change guys... on a lot of fronts.