Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
request before its too late caer
i havent been on much and ive just been notified players wont be showing for games anymore, we are struggling with 3 players per sunday and now it will be worse, fedu glenair euri fairly active, if you can remove !norating and add those players else were to keep them around would appreciate it.

meanwhile here i am trying to figure out the train of thought players have in this zone, i enter the statistics page and wonder how exactly can you log on every day, prac non-stop- but refuse to join a roster to support your favorite video game? lol? anyone?
it cant be because you hate playing with bad players while practicing non stop with bad players? right?

also im confused as to how saiyan was banned for using a racial slur on a username being logged on for half a minute? that player was on nearly every day getting pracs started and he gets banned for that bs? while ive seen racial slurs being thrown via pub chat every day that last more than what he was logged on for? why isnt half the zone banned?

cheers
not sure why someone would take things personally.. in the internet.. in the year 2018.. in a pixel game

if you need to ban (for a good reason), make it a decent one.. especially for active players

it's a great space drama always on sundays and a saga that has continued to entertain us for years, keep it up fuckers!

LFS
Again, the problem is with the system... We need to stop allowing 1 person to make an arbitrary decision that hurts the health/survival of the game. Caer has proven many times he has no common sense when applying a ban. The punishment has to fit the crime, and once again a controversial decision was made
Saiyan banned for racial slurs or derogatory comments, or whatever, against current leadership yet the mod and admin of pro league tosses out racial epitaphs like Experian hands out your social security number and credit score. Isn't it grand? Oh the double standard. WTF to that.

The public map still is the size of FUCKING TEXAS, how many people compete in master of chaos, which in itself is a joke, what, 15?. Excluding the shitty bots that attach to you and literally kill you. Jesus, nobody gives a fuck about master of chaos, with BURSTMONTSA against whoever, in a battle of the TITANS that nobody who is remotely decent have heard of. Fire up superpower, shields, and bursts, in an enclosed space in a random corner after 30 minutes of finding that other person you're trying to kill that is somewhere in the Galaxy you're in. Bad.

If any team folds where is the wait list as it was unfathomable to have another team join the league and upset the very delicate balance of 6 teams in it (pretty sure I wanted team #7). I still have 10 people ready to go that would smash whatever roster exists now, but hey, who cares right?

I'm happy to write the check, same as Ozn, Devious, treachen, and myself were years ago for our own bots and server. We want a successful pro league. We can swing it, server costs aren't that egregious. If it's about money step the fuck down, I'll write the check and it won't bounce. I want pro league to grow, not die. Step down, same with little adolf you have running pro. Kicker is, you two clowns would be permanently banned for running this zone, and league, into the ground. If it's about keeping power because you live in your mother's basement, keep doing what you're doing. It's a noble cause. I mean I'm on fucking edge to see BURSTAMONSTA against whoever next month in chaos to claim the prize of MASTER of nothing.

Fuck both of you.

To be crystal clear, that means you hallucination, and you caerbannog. Fuck you.

Three
(01-29-2018, 06:50 PM)p.k Wrote:  i havent been on much and ive just been notified players wont be showing for games anymore, we are struggling with 3 players per sunday and now it will be worse, fedu glenair euri fairly active, if you can remove !norating and add those players else were to keep them around would appreciate it.

meanwhile here i am trying to figure out the train of thought players have in this zone, i enter the statistics page and wonder how exactly can you log on every day, prac non-stop- but refuse to join a roster to support your favorite video game? lol? anyone?
it cant be because you hate playing with bad players while practicing non stop with bad players? right?

also im confused as to how saiyan was banned for using a racial slur on a username being logged on for half a minute? that player was on nearly every day getting pracs started and he gets banned for that bs? while ive seen racial slurs being thrown via pub chat every day that last more than what he was logged on for? why isnt half the zone banned?

cheers

Eh, ive been on vacation for 2 weeks, ill show up every sunday from now. thought you were notified. with that, and you, three, or sabre on, norating is fine.

Also, saiyan has been abusive with both !forcecap and words for years on end.

Everything Three posted is truth.
Would it be easy to roll a new feature: instead of a ban with no entry, limit player access to bot commands?
Maybe even *shutyourslapper* command which would yeild all messages ignored (/dev/null'ed) from the person arena wide.
Ah, but you see, Saiyan and Nacre did not settle for racial slurs. They chose to put them in their u5ern4me with superb l33t-encoding, thus going around each and every filter that exists in the game.

Also I didn't ban either player, but also see no reason to help getting either one unbanned as all they've been doing in pracs is bitch and moan, suicide, abuse any command they can etc.
(02-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  Ah, but you see, Saiyan and Nacre did not settle for racial slurs. They chose to put them in their u5ern4me with superb l33t-encoding, thus going around each and every filter that exists in the game.

Also I didn't ban either player, but also see no reason to help getting either one unbanned as all they've been doing in pracs is bitch and moan, suicide, abuse any command they can etc.

So Nacre and Saiyan logged into other names, eluding the super secret B6-13 level clearance that is subspace coding, to bitch and moan, and kick a few players from practices (allegedly), and were banned. Who the fuck cares? This reminds me a lot of Ozn attaching and repelling in that semi finals/finals match when he actually spawned again after being killed, considered a double death if you will should he do nothing, a common occurrence with anyone who played around that time-frame, a known bot glitch, with literally next to no energy, repelled so he didn't get killed again, and the league op lost his shit without even seeing what happened, and added another death to Ozn, before cooler heads prevailed. I remember it nearly lost us the game and series.... all because of bias. Shoot first, ask questions later. I remember some clown did the same thing against No Contest playing Llama's in the IML finals, burning a player that shouldn't be burn't who had just subbed in after the mod entered the match without seeing what happened. All because of bias/hate/jealously. At what point do we say enough. Now you may say well Three you're a hypocrite you said you would ban hallu and caer. That's drunk talk. I would let them in, only to smash their heads in. I welcome that opportunity.

The alleged offense(s) yielded a ban for saiyan I believe of like a year or more. This sounds like more of the same authoritarian shit we've seen over the past years from senior leadership rather than a legitimate punishment. See above, other examples are available upon request. At least Nacre is back in pro.

That embargo on Cuba sure worked didn't it? Great work we did right? Fail.

Both Nacre and Saiyan, are top 10, if not HIGHER, all time, in 4v4 play. I'm confused as to how their behavior is/was any different than any other transcendent player since the INCEPTION of pro league, like Rage, kboom, Travis, Senior, aiti, tak, etc..

We're taking the stand now, where others back then literally entered pro league matches and tried to WWF (now E) steel chair (not really but you catch my drift) players in the back with spiders, but now, its different. With an aenimic player base, now, it's time to lay down the law. We have to teach them a lesson and keep up whatever grudges we have because man we have to get back at them. This will dis-way people from esc-q'ing during practices when they are nearly dead for sure right, it has to. This will stop those kind of shenanigans, even perhaps racial slurs, right? Not. The league op uses language you would get your ass kicked for saying where I live nearly every time I see him get flustered. I run into more clowns doing the spam out or esc-q shit than I ever did from 1995-2016. More !bans and !kicks, subbing back in under other aliases, etc happen now than I have ever seen.. Think on that. Where is this league going? 

At what point do you say hey, maybe we need a change? At what point do you say man where were we wrong? Look this league is going to die sooner or later, I have no illusions to that fact. But I still have the desire to play now and I know other pro's have it. Why aren't you playing off of the rivalries that still exist at the core of pro, much like Duke vs. UNC in College Basketball, or LA vs Boston in pro, that shit still exists and at its core feeds a league. People love winners and love to hate other teams. Give them that. Do you remember when Durabolin let me bring Requiem back a few years ago? It wasn't exactly crickets in the stands, if you will. Huge Spike. It was pandemonium. People wanted in. Again, not looking for THREE YOU'RE SO GREAT. I want to fucking play. I want this thing to thrive....

That's why super teams work and draft teams suck. Why is it the same old same old mea culpa bullshit with current leadership? FFS I had to ask that the old teams from previous SEASONS be removed from the pro league roster page like 6 weeks ago while asking if I could form a team for league that was still weeks to a month away from starting, but god forbid, couldn't. Low and behold 1 if not more may fold.....

If you don't have the fire to keep this going then seriously move the hell over. I honestly don't want the job, as Caerbannog mentioned so eloquently years ago that I was so keen on running the show. Gentlemen, and ladies (who are all Underlord, BTW), I don't want it.  I want to fucking play. I want to play against the highest level competition this game has to offer which I know is still out there. I want those super teams to have an interest again and to stick around. The status quo moves aren't working.

What's the move League Operator, and Zone Moderator? I have a few basic ideas that will help. What's the play? Are we all going out on our knees, instead of our feet? What do you have to turn this around.....?
(02-10-2018, 07:04 AM)Three Wrote:  
(02-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  Ah, but you see, Saiyan and Nacre did not settle for racial slurs. They chose to put them in their u5ern4me with superb l33t-encoding, thus going around each and every filter that exists in the game.

So Nacre and Saiyan logged into other names, eluding the super secret B6-13 level clearance that is subspace coding, to bitch and moan, and kick a few players from practices (allegedly), and were banned. Who the fuck cares? This reminds me a lot of Ozn attaching and repelling in that semi finals/finals match when he actually spawned again after being killed, considered a double death if you will should he do nothing, a common occurrence with anyone who played around that time-frame, a known bot glitch, with literally next to no energy, repelled so he didn't get killed again, and the league op lost his shit without even seeing what happened, and added another death to Ozn, before cooler heads prevailed. I remember it nearly lost us the game and series.... all because of bias. Shoot first, ask questions later. I remember some clown did the same thing against No Contest playing Llama's in the IML finals, burning a player that shouldn't be burn't who had just subbed in after the mod entered the match without seeing what happened. All because of bias/hate/jealously. At what point do we say enough. Now you may say well Three you're a hypocrite you said you would ban hallu and caer. That's drunk talk. I would let them in, only to smash their heads in. I welcome that opportunity.

The alleged offense(s) yielded a ban for saiyan I believe of like a year or more. This sounds like more of the same authoritarian shit we've seen over the past years from senior leadership rather than a legitimate punishment. See above, other examples are available upon request. At least Nacre is back in pro.

Both Nacre and Saiyan, are top 10, if not HIGHER, all time, in 4v4 play. I'm confused as to how their behavior is/was any different than any other transcendent player since the INCEPTION of pro league, like Rage, kboom, Travis, Senior, aiti, tak, etc..

We're taking the stand now, where others back then literally entered pro league matches and tried to WWF (now E) steel chair (not really but you catch my drift) players in the back with spiders, but now, its different. With an aenimic player base, now, it's time to lay down the law. We have to teach them a lesson and keep up whatever grudges we have because man we have to get back at them. This will dis-way people from esc-q'ing during practices when they are nearly dead for sure right, it has to. This will stop those kind of shenanigans, even perhaps racial slurs, right? Not. The league op uses language you would get your ass kicked for saying where I live nearly every time I see him get flustered. I run into more clowns doing the spam out or esc-q shit than I ever did from 1995-2016. More !bans and !kicks, subbing back in under other aliases, etc happen now than I have ever seen.. Think on that. Where is this league going? 

At what point do you say hey, maybe we need a change? At what point do you say man where were we wrong? Look this league is going to die sooner or later, I have no illusions to that fact. But I still have the desire to play now and I know other pro's have it. Why aren't you playing off of the rivalries that still exist at the core of pro, much like Duke vs. UNC in College Basketball, or LA vs Boston in pro, that shit still exists and at its core feeds a league. People love winners and love to hate other teams. Give them that. Do you remember when Durabolin let me bring Requiem back a few years ago? It wasn't exactly crickets in the stands, if you will. Huge Spike. It was pandemonium. People wanted in. Again, not looking for THREE YOU'RE SO GREAT. I want to fucking play. I want this thing to thrive....

That's why super teams work and draft teams suck. Why is it the same old same old mea culpa bullshit with current leadership? FFS I had to ask that the old teams from previous SEASONS be removed from the pro league roster page like 6 weeks ago while asking if I could form a team for league that was still weeks to a month away from starting, but god forbid, couldn't. Low and behold 1 if not more may fold.....

If you don't have the fire to keep this going then seriously move the hell over. I honestly don't want the job, as Caerbannog mentioned so eloquently years ago that I was so keen on running the show. Gentlemen, and ladies (who are all Underlord, BTW), I don't want it.  I want to fucking play. I want to play against the highest level competition this game has to offer which I know is still out there. I want those super teams to have an interest again and to stick around. The status quo moves aren't working.

What's the move League Operator, and Zone Moderator? I have a few basic ideas that will help. What's the play? Are we all going out on our knees, instead of our feet? What do you have to turn this around.....?

Cut the alleged. Everyone in this game knows that nacre and saiyan have been bullying people for years. a while back when we had regular nightly pracs, saiyan would stack a freq and selectively !forcecap the next .cap away from me and a few others player, repeatedly. Being "transcendent" at the game does not excuse abuse. I could name an equal amount of great players who never behaved this way.

But say we looked the other way and he wasnt banned, how the fuck is he contributing anything to the community? He's not on a league team, he's not forming a league team, he's abusive in pracs and the last time he put any effort into real league it was on a "super team" with 14 capable players in a game that fields 4 and had a total of 60 league players. Many would even argue that stacked teams was the death of this league. People got sick of knowing which 2 would end up in the final.

I'm also not seeing any of these esc-q and double subbing these days. Perhaps the crowd is different between euro-time pracs and later in the evening?

You say you have desire to play, just play. You're on a roster and the team could need you - show up.

I think it's time we stop blaming caer alone for the death of this game. The most likely cause is time. But if you asked me, i'd say shitnuggets like saiyan and nacre are the biggest cancer. They have the ability to form and carry teams but instead they choose to refrain from league, only to trashtalk from spec during games and bully people who try to practice.

Lastly, please share these ideas you have on how to improve league. This is the only common forum we have.
Candyman he forcecapped because you're a shit player who plays like a complete vagina. It's proven to be true by your antics on the board, and your lobbying the staff to remove the .forcecap so you can actually play. The truth is, you're an embarassment to the 4v4 game with the way you play, and an embarassment to yourself and the community with how you act in the game and on the forums. Put your hand down your pants, reach around, find your balls, and shut the fuck up.
Hey saiyan joined a noob team last season and genuinely tried, he was going to do the same this season

As for nacre, hes funny sometimes thats about it
(02-11-2018, 01:17 AM)designator Wrote:  Candyman he forcecapped because you're a shit player who plays like a complete vagina. It's proven to be true by your antics on the board, and your lobbying the staff to remove the .forcecap so you can actually play. The truth is, you're an embarassment to the 4v4 game with the way you play, and an embarassment to yourself and the community with how you act in the game and on the forums. Put your hand down your pants, reach around, find your balls, and shut the fuck up.

Desi, stop with the bs. Why are you talking crap about candyman? I also never liked how BIA played, but that was the smartest way to play with the roster they had.

Also, candy plays every week with whoever is online for his squad and he's been trying to help save the league for years now. Same applies for Peeking Duck, Solar Hydro, Something Dutch and a few other people.

You are also here every week, but you don't want to play league unless Three is on your squad. What's up with that?

Also, what Assassins did two seasons ago (IN YEAR 2017) with 6 squads left - does anyone think that helped saving the league? Was it fun playing against zero competition for 4 months?

How come none of the transcendent players ever decides to play with SFE or Symphony for example? Give yourself a challenge and prove you are the best.
Can someone get some tissue for Candyman's bleeding asshole? We get it. I raped you every time you logged in, your name belongs to Nacre, and you're really butthurt due to the aftermath of talking MAD SHIT to players way better than you. Now you're here on the forum like the bitter loser you are. Crying and posting bullshit reasons why your fellow competitors should be left with unjust bans in 2018. If you can't beat em, just keep em banned huh? Keep your trash talk to a minimum like your skill level & you would have less problems.

Lol @ the hypocrisy as well. Abusive with words? You talk shit, I talk shit back, I'm just better at it. It doesn't make me any more abusive than you and it doesn't make me a bully.

lol @ Caer talking about "bitching and moaning" in pracs when hes the king of that & also uses racial slurs far more than anyone else in the game.

Street,

Being a shit player who can normally only attract shit players to his team is NOT "trying to save league". We've seen Candyman play with Three, Rage, Ozn, Seismic, Tuna, Sika, etc. He would stack his team any time he had the chance. But he usually can't unless he gets lucky & some old pros decide to give him a chance. No offense but you're just naming captains of bad teams as the "saviours" of this game.

On Assassins:

Season 39 Everyone knew outlaws would win. No other team had a chance. It was a 1 team league, but you had no problem with that since your team played in the finals.

Season 40 Ass comes back. Now its a 2 team league, up from 1. Not only that, you lost your 6th team and we filled that hole. Player count went up this league and even moreso the following league. Yeah, Ass definitely killed league in 2017.

It seems you have a problem when things dont go the way you want.

And on these dumbass bans: I dont even use racial slurs in game, ever, if you think I do you're delusional. I fail to see how logging in for -literally- 5 seconds with a name that has the country Niger in it yields a 1 year ban. I don't even care tbh. It's just funny seeing bitter idiots trying to make arguments here.

We all know hallu is extremely angry at me for using the squadtag "Fuck hallu" after he broke all the bot commands and banned nacre for using them. This is the only reason he assigned me a ban of that magnitude, there is nothing else. So, like desi said, shut the fuck up.
(02-11-2018, 04:16 PM)saiyan Wrote:  Street,

Being a shit player who can normally only attract shit players to his team is NOT "trying to save league". We've seen Candyman play with Three, Rage, Ozn, Seismic, Tuna, Sika, etc. He would stack his team any time he had the chance. But he usually can't unless he gets lucky & some old pros decide to give him a chance. No offense but you're just naming captains of bad teams  as the "saviours" of this game.

On Assassins:

Season 39 Everyone knew outlaws would win. No other team had a chance. It was a 1 team league, but you had no problem with that since your team played in the finals.

Season 40 Ass comes back. Now its a 2 team league, up from 1. Not only that, you lost your 6th team and we filled that hole. Player count went up this league and even moreso the following league. Yeah, Ass definitely killed league in 2017.

Saiyan, most of what you wrote here is untrue. I've played in every season since 2002, and if we're talking about winning, we can say that most of the time things didn't go my way.

Naming captains of bad teams as the "saviours". Sure if you see it like that. The way I see it, without these people, the league doesn't exist. SFE, Outlaws, Symphony and Llamas are the reason any of us still has a chance to play league on Sundays. And the core of these squads hasn't changed in the past 5-10 years. SFE specifically did for this game more than anyone else.

Now.. Season 39 should actually have been quite competitive, here are the rosters: http://svssubspace.com/index.php?page=Rosters&season=20
What happened is TD and BIA started having trouble showing up sometime during the season. If they didn't have these problems, I'm pretty sure that season would've been much more competitive. Llamas were in the finals because we had the best record. TD vs OL semis were actually close - OL won game 1 in overtime.

Season 40 - out of 54 games in 4 months, there were 2 that were interesting in the finals. How is that fun? Did you really enjoy playing that season?

If you read my posts in the last 5 years, you will see that I always wanted some sort of parity. Wouldn't it be cool if there were 2-3 competitive games every week instead of 1 every two months?  <- Please answer this question. You obviously are one of the best in 4v4. I'm curious to understand why you and players as talented as you would only play on a stacked team that has >75% chance of winning.

Seriously, don't you think you'd be able to make the top 3 playing with Symph or SFE?  Making the finals with them would be a bigger success than 5 titles with Assassins.

Also, attracting players to a team doesn't exist anymore, it's 2018 and there are no new players. We've all known each other for decades. We can continue having a league only if we all work together - so why not have a few more competitive seasons before the game is dead?

As for your ban, I don't know much about what happened or whether you should have been banned. But why would you even try to use a squad name "Fuck hallu" or a "country Niger"? It sounds to me like obvious trolling and "let's see what hallu/caer/whoever does now" type of thing.
Better yet, you are all in luck! Not only can you view old rosters but you can see the actual match videos from the above referenced seasons and matches! Thats right, even though your humble host Gruntster wasn't even on a roster at times, he dutifully recorded them for posterity and future reference! G-Spot TV for you on demand from an internet connection near you!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgl1Z3R2q9iJ5u1c0-J0MoQ
WTF Get off my lawn!
Thanks for recording all those games Grunt. I'll talk to Dagger Wink
(02-11-2018, 05:33 PM)Street Wrote:  Thanks for recording all those games Grunt. I'll talk to Dagger Wink

he hates me Sad  Hugs!
WTF Get off my lawn!
(02-10-2018, 09:43 PM)Candyman Wrote:  
(02-10-2018, 07:04 AM)Three Wrote:  

Cut the alleged. Everyone in this game knows that nacre and saiyan have been bullying people for years. a while back when we had regular nightly pracs, saiyan would stack a freq and selectively !forcecap the next .cap away from me and a few others player, repeatedly. Being "transcendent" at the game does not excuse abuse. I could name an equal amount of great players who never behaved this way.

But say we looked the other way and he wasnt banned, how the fuck is he contributing anything to the community? He's not on a league team, he's not forming a league team, he's abusive in pracs and the last time he put any effort into real league it was on a "super team" with 14 capable players in a game that fields 4 and had a total of 60 league players. Many would even argue that stacked teams was the death of this league. People got sick of knowing which 2 would end up in the final.

I'm also not seeing any of these esc-q and double subbing these days. Perhaps the crowd is different between euro-time pracs and later in the evening?

You say you have desire to play, just play. You're on a roster and the team could need you - show up.

I think it's time we stop blaming caer alone for the death of this game. The most likely cause is time. But if you asked me, i'd say shitnuggets like saiyan and nacre are the biggest cancer. They have the ability to form and carry teams but instead they choose to refrain from league, only to trashtalk from spec during games and bully people who try to practice.

Lastly, please share these ideas you have on how to improve league. This is the only common forum we have.

I won't cut the alleged as I didn't see it happen. I myself have forced cap away from garbage teams to play better ones. The point of me saying alleged was that the league staff do as they please and over-react to situations with no repercussions.

Caer using racial slurs is treated as nothing, and possibly ending teams continuation in the PLAYOFFS because of bias, but saiyan using a racial name quickly, coupled with a few practice shenanigans yields a ban for a year. Your idea of transcendent and mine are vastly different as you think you're actually good, which you're not.

Excuse abuse? Mother fucker you were KNOWN for doing the exact shit I was talking about back in the day when you could green greens in league, print screening and esc-q'ing to escape death. I don't blame them for forcing captain away from you, you're not a good player. You want help? I came in a few days ago and the team I'm on was up one vs. Starfire Elite, 1 man OUT, fedu then burnt LL, against their 4. I did help out, but the fact that it came to that, baby jesus. I sure can't wait for the mixed back of tricks the next week holds. Sign me up for that. More like count me out. I fought the "good fight" on enough under-dog teams. I'm 34 now, not 13. Getting my head kicked in because I attack and you +2 others are running isn't my idea of fun.

I left stacked teams after winning pro, Assassins, Outlaws, Starseed, etc. to make other teams, willingly, to better the league. Fact remains, those stacked teams made me want to beat them. It made me want to be better. Struggle and strife makes people want to be better, not mediocrity and complacency in the middle, or at the bottom. That's what drives us to be better.

I do want to play, on my terms, not on some team I don't want to play for. My nostalgia of wanting to play has been overridden by my hatred of you, and others like you, and the indifference you have towards the leadership or lack there of at the head of this league. Time and the games age absolutely has contributed to its decline. That isn't disputed. But the lack of growth period, talent sticking around, is in better part, because of the lack of leadership shown by this zones highest echelon. By that I mean those that run the zone and league, not the talent.

Novel ideas off the top of my head, turn chaos public's map to pro league's map, settings, to pro settings, have chaos in some subarena, but it's too late for that isn't it.. Another novel idea, league op doesn't use racial slurs, nor does this league/zone permit them. Man, huge. Others myself and Critical Mass had, and tried to run in our own league, with our own bots, own settings, etc., but were denied. All because of power. Oh and put Rage in charge of events. Also, too late.

Side note - the bullying, the trash talking, it works, because you're mentioning it. It's done to intimidate you. If you don't like people doing it, then shut them up and beat them. Or side with the nazi muffin moderator and get them banned. You're a fucking tool. Until the next time you get dropped like fifth period french in a match, peace.

Edit - remove me from that fucking roster please. Good luck.

(02-11-2018, 02:55 PM)Street Wrote:  
(02-11-2018, 01:17 AM)designator Wrote:  Candyman he forcecapped because you're a shit player who plays like a complete vagina. It's proven to be true by your antics on the board, and your lobbying the staff to remove the .forcecap so you can actually play. The truth is, you're an embarassment to the 4v4 game with the way you play, and an embarassment to yourself and the community with how you act in the game and on the forums. Put your hand down your pants, reach around, find your balls, and shut the fuck up.

Desi, stop with the bs. Why are you talking crap about candyman? I also never liked how BIA played, but that was the smartest way to play with the roster they had.

Also, candy plays every week with whoever is online for his squad and he's been trying to help save the league for years now. Same applies for Peeking Duck, Solar Hydro, Something Dutch and a few other people.

You are also here every week, but you don't want to play league unless Three is on your squad. What's up with that?

Also, what Assassins did two seasons ago (IN YEAR 2017) with 6 squads left - does anyone think that helped saving the league? Was it fun playing against zero competition for 4 months?

How come none of the transcendent players ever decides to play with SFE or Symphony for example? Give yourself a challenge and prove you are the best.

I think designator is right on point. He (Edit: Candy) plays passively and doesn't like the trash talk, clearly. He needs to own it, get mad, get aggressive, and do something.

Where is nude for satan's page that lists all rosters played for?

I started at least a handful of teams after winning pro, to leave stacked ones. Not looking for a medal but you asked the question. Shrug.

Off the top of my head, Aenima, No Contest, hate parade, Requiem (rebirth, obviously NOT THE STACKED ONE CANDY WAS ON, LOL), Critical Mass. I think there are a few more.

Casey wants to play on my team because we're friends and he actually knows how to play. Damn him for not wanting to play with players that look like they are blind in one eye. He was an integral part of the team that beat Mop, Travis, and Dingo, season 20. He can talk all the shit he wants.

(02-11-2018, 05:07 PM)Street Wrote:  
(02-11-2018, 04:16 PM)saiyan Wrote:  Street,

Being a shit player who can normally only attract shit players to his team is NOT "trying to save league". We've seen Candyman play with Three, Rage, Ozn, Seismic, Tuna, Sika, etc. He would stack his team any time he had the chance. But he usually can't unless he gets lucky & some old pros decide to give him a chance. No offense but you're just naming captains of bad teams  as the "saviours" of this game.

On Assassins:

Saiyan, most of what you wrote here is untrue. I've played in every season since 2002, and if we're talking about winning, we can say that most of the time things didn't go my way.

Naming captains of bad teams as the "saviours". Sure if you see it like that. The way I see it, without these people, the league doesn't exist. SFE, Outlaws, Symphony and Llamas are the reason any of us still has a chance to play league on Sundays. And the core of these squads hasn't changed in the past 5-10 years. SFE specifically did for this game more than anyone else.

Now.. Season 39 should actually have been quite competitive, here are the rosters: http://svssubspace.com/index.php?page=Rosters&season=20
What happened is TD and BIA started having trouble showing up sometime during the season. If they didn't have these problems, I'm pretty sure that season would've been much more competitive. Llamas were in the finals because we had the best record. TD vs OL semis were actually close - OL won game 1 in overtime.

Season 40 - out of 54 games in 4 months, there were 2 that were interesting in the finals. How is that fun? Did you really enjoy playing that season?

If you read my posts in the last 5 years, you will see that I always wanted some sort of parity. Wouldn't it be cool if there were 2-3 competitive games every week instead of 1 every two months?  <- Please answer this question. You obviously are one of the best in 4v4. I'm curious to understand why you and players as talented as you would only play on a stacked team that has >75% chance of winning.

Seriously, don't you think you'd be able to make the top 3 playing with Symph or SFE?  Making the finals with them would be a bigger success than 5 titles with Assassins.

Also, attracting players to a team doesn't exist anymore, it's 2018 and there are no new players. We've all known each other for decades. We can continue having a league only if we all work together - so why not have a few more competitive seasons before the game is dead?

As for your ban, I don't know much about what happened or whether you should have been banned. But why would you even try to use a squad name "Fuck hallu" or a "country Niger"? It sounds to me like obvious trolling and "let's see what hallu/caer/whoever does now" type of thing.

I can speak for saiyan, if I may, if not saiyan, correct me. He can get any team to the semi-finals, more like today, the finals, but that team won't have the ammunition on the rosters you listed to help if the other team who I would have to assume is remotely good. He will go in, he will attack, he will stick his neck out on the line, and when the follow is needed when it counts, he is hung out to dry. That's at least how I feel, and I think saiyan is a better player than I am, especially in the warbird. Weasel/Levi more of a support ship which needs even more help, so it applies even more so for me. This isn't golf. You need multiple more than competent people to win.

It's easier today than it was then, but still, unlikely. Nobody wants to practice now 24/7 especially when you don't need the practice so molding and building a team is really a commitment... more so, a chore (Edit: and thanks to our awesome league population for reasons mentioned above, decent practices consistently are hard to find so that means scheduling them with another schleprock mcgee team). We all don't have the time to devote to practices as much anymore. That's at least where I am.

In short the draft league scenario where you put good people on teams with people that don't know what the fuck they are doing, sucks. They tried it when league was happening, a few times. It bombed, big time.

Oh Candy, another idea, draft league events that last a day, not a season, provided someone good is running it. Those actually were awesome in powerball. Boom.

Edit: As to the parity issue, parity sucks. I want to see Alabama vs. Clemson (really Notre Dame vs. Penn State but hey let's be realtistic) in the CFB national title game, not roast beef tech against new mexico state................................
Look, there's no need get offended, i didn't attack you in my post. Whether i'm a shit player and Saiyan is ranked top 10 ever is completely irrelevant here. We have 6 squads grinding it out on sundays trying to keep it alive. 2 or 3 are hurting to show 4. Meanwhile we're arguing on msg boards and good players are trolling ingame and complaining about the state of the game instead of showing good example and forming teams they want to play for, before the seasons starts. The good old days aren't just magically going to reappear. You need shit teams that grind it out every sunday. Putting your self above and alienating is not the right way. There needs to be some sort of order before we can see change. And as far as your ideas on how to improve the zone, i'm all aboard.

Edit: i realise this will pull us into the arguement that you had a squad ready. More time should have been given to discuss a 7th squad and our options, before we started the season. If the council was more active, like in the past, we probably could have done it. But that requires more activity from each squad.
(02-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Candyman Wrote:  Look, there's no need get offended, i didn't attack you in my post. Whether i'm a shit player and Saiyan is ranked top 10 ever is completely irrelevant here. We have 6 squads grinding it out on sundays trying to keep it alive. 2 or 3 are hurting to show 4. Meanwhile we're arguing on msg boards and good players are trolling ingame and complaining about the state of the game instead of showing good example and forming teams they want to play for, before the seasons starts. The good old days aren't just magically going to reappear. You need shit teams that grind it out every sunday. Putting your self above and alienating is not the right way. There needs to be some sort of order before we can see change. And as far as your ideas on how to improve the zone, i'm all aboard.

Edit: i realise this will pull us into the arguement that you had a squad ready. More time should have been given to discuss a 7th squad and our options, before we started the season. If the council was more active, like in the past, we probably could have done it. But that requires more activity from each squad.

I appreciate the sentiment that you express in this post Candyman and agree with it all for the most part. However, if you will recall, a few seasons ago your Co-Captain Jinxi added me to your roster when you had several open spots on it. About a week later, you logged on during a prac that I was playing in with some BIA people and you said verbatim "sorry man this isn't working out" and squadkicked me, no explanation, no nothing. I think if you read this fact and compare it to what you have been espousing is quite contradictory. I had no grand expectations of actually starting or playing in league matches, I just felt like the best way for me to attempt to get better at the game was to take lessons from a squad of players that I, for the most part, liked the people on it and that I respected. I am very aware of the fact that,  conservatively speaking, I suck more than at least 75% of the players that play in league arenas. Contrary to popular belief, I am trying most of the time to do better. Yeah so I have played this game since beta but early on I really wasn't quite as obsessed with league performance as most are. I played just to have fun and hang out/chat with in-game friends. So then friends on Outlaws put me in an empty slot on their roster, again with no grand expectations by me. Though it may be difficult to believe, I feel that I have gotten incrementally better, though I am far from being very good primarily because of this. Good and great players giving me guidance and constructive criticism, as opposed to the people in pracs that constantly spam my ass about how much I suck and their amazement that I still suck so much after being in this game since 1996, telling me I should just quit. I have quite a few friends in Subspace that are either still playing or quit playing that I consider very good or great that I try to learn from.

(02-14-2018, 10:16 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  
(02-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Candyman Wrote:  Look, there's no need get offended, i didn't attack you in my post. Whether i'm a shit player and Saiyan is ranked top 10 ever is completely irrelevant here. We have 6 squads grinding it out on sundays trying to keep it alive. 2 or 3 are hurting to show 4. Meanwhile we're arguing on msg boards and good players are trolling ingame and complaining about the state of the game instead of showing good example and forming teams they want to play for, before the seasons starts. The good old days aren't just magically going to reappear. You need shit teams that grind it out every sunday. Putting your self above and alienating is not the right way. There needs to be some sort of order before we can see change. And as far as your ideas on how to improve the zone, i'm all aboard.

I appreciate the sentiment that you express in this post Candyman and agree with it all for the most part. However, if you will recall, a few seasons ago your Co-Captain Jinxi added me to your roster when you had several open spots on it. About a week later, you logged on during a prac that I was playing in with some BIA people and you said verbatim "sorry man this isn't working out" and squadkicked me, no explanation, no nothing. I think if you read this fact and compare it to what you have been espousing is quite contradictory. I had no grand expectations of actually starting or playing in league matches, I just felt like the best way for me to attempt to get better at the game was to take lessons from a squad of players that I, for the most part, liked the people on it and that I respected. I am very aware of the fact that,  conservatively speaking, I suck more than at least 75% of the players that play in league arenas. Contrary to popular belief, I am trying most of the time to do better. Yeah so I have played this game since beta but early on I really wasn't quite as obsessed with league performance as most are. I played just to have fun and hang out/chat with in-game friends. So then friends on Outlaws put me in an empty slot on their roster, again with no grand expectations by me. Though it may be difficult to believe, I feel that I have gotten incrementally better, though I am far from being very good primarily because of this. Good and great players giving me guidance and constructive criticism, as opposed to the people in pracs that constantly spam my ass about how much I suck and their amazement that I still suck so much after being in this game since 1996, telling me I should just quit. I have quite a few friends in Subspace that are either still playing or quit playing that I consider very good or great that I try to learn from.

oh, and now people give me shit about being on Outlaws quite often. 
WTF Get off my lawn!