Poll: how do you want your safes?
removed
as they are is fine
i'm super cool and i say make them easier to get to
i'm even more awesome and i want even more 'easy to get to safes' on the map!
i want them to be made harder to get into, like my knickers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
safe zones: make them easier to get to please!
[quote name='Capt ARGH!' timestamp='1308089784' post='275752']

when players have to be afk they tend to float instead of fly safe

increasing the amount of safe zones and making them quicker to fly to would decrease the amount of afk floating as players passing a safe would just park there instead

[/quote]

I'm sure increasing the number of safe zones and making them open would increase the amount of people using safe... but that doesn't make it a good idea. If you add more safe zones and make them simple to access then it's just going to promote people constantly running in when being chased or out of reps/rockets. It will become nearly impossible to chase down a turret, or a high bounty. The amount of people using it to afk will maybe increase very slightly, where the amount of safe zone laming will increase dramatically. The trade off is a terrible one. Catering to the few people who think it's too difficult or time consuming to spend the 20 seconds to fly to a safe zone at the expense of the current game play is a very bad idea. It's pretty unanimous that people already want to see a smaller map to prevent the ease that running/greening is right now, so keeping this size map and adding more safe zones would not only allow for constant running/greening (especially in a small populated zone) but also add in the ease of just popping into a safe zone when you run out of specials and waiting out anyone trying to kill you. It's just not good for game play at all.

Messages In This Thread
safe zones: make them easier to get to please! - Idolatrous - 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM