Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop being lame
When the entire 4v4 population is gathered in one arena and it has been that way since people started logging in for the day... it doesn't matter if it's a squad arena ... it is still essentially the main prac arena.

So stop forcecap'ing it away from people that have waited in a 11 person line and go form a new squad arena.

We all know that you're that jerk that sits in traffic in the morning on a two lane road that merges in to one, jumps into the empty lane that merges, accelerates quickly to the end, and forces their way in while inconveniencing everyone that has been waiting properly in line for 15 minutes.

I expect more from such a small population of people that have been playing for years.

- McLaren
Agreed. Unfortunately, the !forcecap feature harms our 2014 community far more than it helps.

-Plut

Quote:<div>
When the entire 4v4 population is gathered in one arena and it has been that way since people started logging in for the day... it doesn't matter if it's a squad arena ... it is still essentially the main prac arena.

So stop forcecap'ing it away from people that have waited in a 11 person line and go form a new squad arena.

We all know that you're that jerk that sits in traffic in the morning on a two lane road that merges in to one, jumps into the empty lane that merges, accelerates quickly to the end, and forces their way in while inconveniencing everyone that has been waiting properly in line for 15 minutes.

I expect more from such a small population of people that have been playing for years.

- McLaren

</div>
hahahahaahahahaha, goodness people are stupid.  Sorry, but roads are designed so you stay in all the lanes untill it forces you to merge (WHY THE HELL WOULD WE HAVE AN EXTRA LANE IF NOT TO USE IT? ARE PEOPLE THAT STUPID???).   Learn how to drive.  Retards like you are the reason it slows down so much.   They make those lanes for a reason and are supposed to merge when the road tells you to merge.  People who merge prematurally are the cause of the slow downs.  There have been studies done and it shows that its those premature merges who slow traffic down by a statistically significant amount.    

This sums it up in a few perspectives.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/rules_of_the_road_theres_littl.html

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

I force my way in from the merging lane at the last minute every morning - on my way to work.

[Image: dHiBJKi.gif]

perhaps we could change !forcecap into !votecap, ppl afk with cap would be delt with, fair deals too. but a freq thats trying to hog the arena might get outvoted from spec.

hahahahaahahahaha, goodness people are stupid.  Sorry, but roads are designed so you stay in all the lanes untill it forces you to merge (WHY THE HELL WOULD WE HAVE AN EXTRA LANE IF NOT TO USE IT? ARE PEOPLE THAT STUPID???).   Learn how to drive.  Retards like you are the reason it slows down so much.   They make those lanes for a reason and are supposed to merge when the road tells you to merge.  People who merge prematurally are the cause of the slow downs.  There have been studies done and it shows that its those premature merges who slow traffic down by a statistically significant amount.    

This sums it up in a few perspectives.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/rules_of_the_road_theres_littl.html

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

</div>

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Good job misreading what i wrote troll.  There is a difference between early merging and already being in line, jumping out, and then merging again.  It is not the same as already being in the merging lane to begin with.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Since you're apparently a fan of the double merger i assume you're also a fan of someone who's 11th in line in essentially the pub prac arena getting !forcecap and screwing the 10 in front of them.  Do us all a favor and perform your "Subspace Zipper Merger" and go start another arena instead of a double merger like i was talking about.

perhaps we could change !forcecap into !votecap, ppl afk with cap would be delt with, fair deals too. but a freq thats trying to hog the arena might get outvoted from spec.

</div>

I'd rather see the bot do the following when !forcecap is initiated:

1. Bot checks to see if any other 4v4 arenas are active (by checking to see if there is an active prac OR a line for cap in any other arena)

2. If there are, then !forcecap is granted.

3. Otherwise !forcecap IS NOT granted (as you can choose any arena and just do !cap and start a game).

"I think" .. this will prevent people from stealing cap in the only prac arena.  And force them to create a new one.

<span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Getting out of line...  so you cannot change lanes now?  What is wrong with using the lane available?  Like I said it is there for a reason. The people who do it are just smarter than the rest.</span>

<span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">As for forcaps.  You get placed first in line again if it was forced away from you.  If you want them to leave and go to a different arena taking all 8 players and leaving you with no one to play, what is the point off switching arenas and killing one?  Why don't you take your own advice and go to another arena and get it started and if you don't like forcecaps go to the prac arena.  In this case you don't have to wait around for the captain line to go down, you suck it up and build your own practice.  </span>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Candyman" data-cid="289835" data-time="1396544521">
<div>

</div>

I'd rather see the bot do the following when !forcecap is initiated:

1. Bot checks to see if any other 4v4 arenas are active (by checking to see if there is an active prac OR a line for cap in any other arena)

2. If there are, then !forcecap is granted.

3. Otherwise !forcecap IS NOT granted (as you can choose any arena and just do !cap and start a game).

"I think" .. this will prevent people from stealing cap in the only prac arena.  And force them to create a new one.

</div>
</blockquote>

Can you code it?

<div>

</div>
Can you code it?

</div>

If i still remembered my C/C++ probably hah.  Would seem to a be an easy function to create but, ... that's me drawing on stuff i did 10 years ago.