Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions and ideas about next season

The council seems to be struggling with activity? Maybe we should give each squad 2 council votes (2 members, who can have different opinions even though they're on the same squad) and have however is active vote on things

Or perhaps we could vote on things via the bots? or a poll on the forum?

Has there been any discussion about downgrading the warbird? like removing multi-fire?

Do we need to look at roster size or are we fine with assstackings splitting up player talent?

Should we remove fullsubs? This might lessen stacking, even if slightly. And it'll get rid of sub-errors.

Allow 4man turrets? Why not?

Does everyone still want to use the same map?

I think rosterlock should end right before playoffs. Active players who try to help out new squads shouldn't be locked out for weeks on end if their squad happens to dissolve.

Does anyone want to apply for ref? to help things run more smoothly on sundays.

Can we rename our sub-arenas to something like "Pro League prac1" instead of just "4v4prac1"

I think we should hold an Allstar game, just for fun. Say the top 10 on .leaguetop at the end of the season. 4 players, 1 sub on each team. 

Help out with input and more suggestions!

I think full subs should be removed. They made sense back when player base was much larger, not anymore.

I think cutting down the rosters would do more harm than good. Many squads struggled at some point to even get four two shop up, while they had 14 on the roster. If done, maybe revert back to having active and inactive players on the roster. Like 10 active and 4 inactive. Inactives could only play 1 game per season or so.

Quote:<div>
The council seems to be struggling with activity? Maybe we should give each squad 2 council votes (2 members, who can have different opinions even though they're on the same squad) and have however is active vote on things

Or perhaps we could vote on things via the bots? or a poll on the forum?

Has there been any discussion about downgrading the warbird? like removing multi-fire?

Do we need to look at roster size or are we fine with assstackings splitting up player talent?

Should we remove fullsubs? This might lessen stacking, even if slightly. And it'll get rid of sub-errors.

Allow 4man turrets? Why not?

Does everyone still want to use the same map?

I think rosterlock should end right before playoffs. Active players who try to help out new squads shouldn't be locked out for weeks on end if their squad happens to dissolve.

Does anyone want to apply for ref? to help things run more smoothly on sundays.

Can we rename our sub-arenas to something like "Pro League prac1" instead of just "4v4prac1"

I think we should hold an Allstar game, just for fun. Say the top 10 on .leaguetop at the end of the season. 4 players, 1 sub on each team. 

Help out with input and more suggestions!

</div>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Council - Good question, no idea. I asked hallu to remove me as nothing was getting done. As far as I can tell it turned out to be a huge waste of time but I could be wrong - I have yet to see the fruits of this venture.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Warbird - I spent more time than most tilting at that particular windmill. Odds are better having chia pet hair grow on my bald head. The Warbird is like hallowed antiquity... you can't touch it. </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster Size - See Warbird comment. I think 8-10 is more than enough but was told hell no on the council.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Full subs - How about 2 subs (each get a repel, 1 Thor, 1-2 rockets, or something along those lines)?</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">4 man turrets - This isn't chaos public. It's a teamwork game where people compete 4v4, not chasing a turret. I have zero interest in chasing members of Iced Out or hagetaga/a-poc running like women. Thank god it was removed.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Map - see Warbird comment. Also fine with the same map being kept.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster lock - This is too subjective. People could stack right before roster lock/playoffs.... hard to enforce and be unbiased in roster movement. This is a tough area to discuss. If a team folded and that roster movement wouldn't drastically change the outcome of future matches, then those players should be allowed to move (I think that is how it is now). It is really annoying though when rosters are locked during the week (probably because a few abused them being unlocked so now they are locked).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Ref - I'm glad a few people run this league (for as much of an asshole he is, Caer has always been dependable when scheduling matches and showing up) but dealing with him is like having a porcupine crawl up my rectum - no thanks.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">With regard to every squad having a vote; terrible idea. Bronze league SC2 players shouldn't get a vote on balance changes (in this case, ship settings). While 4v4 team play isn't rocket science, there is a reason why only a few teams win. I think people can and should voice their opinions but giving everyone a “vote” shouldn’t be allowed, hence the council. Too bad half the council was inactive. 5 members from the top 5 squads, who start for those squads in playoff matches should be chosen and hash out topics suggested by the public that merit attention. Sorry to sound like an eliteist but just because you played high school football doesn't mean you could start for the Alabama Crimson Tide in college.... hopefully that makes sense and isn't a labored metaphor. It's not only a question of ability but of understanding how a game is played on the highest level. Now if you wanted to have a different set of rules for PRO and AML/IML (are there enough squads for a clear distinction right now) then that is another topic. Can the bots do that? Etc. As it stands now Wado Kai shouldn't be "voting" on Weasel settings (sorry Wado, just using a name). </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">If the council is dead someone could bring over the threads/ideas posted - there was some good stuff in there.... it would save a considerable amount of time.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">I don't mean to play nihilist but the most likely outcome of this thread is 7 people contribute, 2 talk shit, and nothing gets done. Best of luck getting things changed (sincerely).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Three</span>

Good thread - thanks Candy. I'll borrow 3's formatting:

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Council - Not too late to bring back Schlep.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Warbird - Testing with small changes to WB such as removing a rep/limiting it to 1 rocket/removing multi are all worth trying. Since people now have higher res, it's no longer 4 wbs in every game but wb is certainly still the dominant ship.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster Size - I'd like 8 to encourage more squads</span>, but this one is certainly debatable since it could result in more squads dropping out midseason.

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Full subs - I agree with 3's idea here. It seems only either fullsubs or empty subs have been discussed, but how about a compromise of 1 rep 1 rocket on the sub(s). </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">4 man turrets - I like how you're looking for ideas to make subspace more fun, but I personally really dislike playing against turrets and feel it should remain a pub practice.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Map - If we were to introduce/rotate different maps like has been done in the past, it would need to be in a way to ensure parity. Meaning, during the season each squad would need to play the same number of games on each of the maps (lets say there are 3 to make this easy). So if 9 regular season games, 3 on each map. All playoffs would then be a best of 3 with one game on each map (borrowing that from Starcraft).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster lock - I'd also argue delaying roster lock to start of playoffs probably results in more stacking not less. Players can flock to the team most likely to win the championship right before the start of the postseason. I do hear your point about players whose squads have disbanded  and that is something that needs to be addressed - how about always starting the season with a phantom squad (we can even call it disbanded) and as squads dissolve players will feed into that squad. It would be able to make the playoffs just like any other. Half baked idea. The immediate problem is parity as some squads would play against disbanded when it's a 12-0 BYE and others would play a squad with players in it.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Ref - Thanks to people who run this league. It's been thankless for as long as the game has been around.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Balance - Completely agree with 3. Only those utilizing ships to their utmost ability should have a say in balance discussions. For ex: Nacre can make a lot of shots I can't in wb. If I miss a shot, it's more likely that I missed than that the wb's rotation was somehow insufficient for me to point the nose of my ship towards the target and fire in a timely manner. This topic is also argued constantly in Starcraft as Blizzard keeps making balance changes that throw off the game to appease players who put all their units in one control group and move towards the enemy with no strategy.</span> 5 starters from top pro squads voting on any ideas sounds solid.

All Star Game - Good idea in theory, but I wonder whether it would either 1) just turn into another prac or 2) have limited attendance. Fun ideas in the past, such as draft league etc, have suffered from apathy and that was when the population was 4x what it is now. Now if there were a juicy incentive (like the MVP of the All Star game's squad starts with 1 extra rocket per ship in a playoff game of their choice) then maybe it would be viable.
fullsubs encourage more players getting some time to play. but the subbing commands are a bit more complicated than they needed to be, which is unfortunate. roster sizes should be reduced in my opinion (10 or 12), I've brought it up a couple times already to be refused.

all-star game concept sounds fun but don't think it would work (interest/logistics). thanks for the ideas to discuss candy.

Hello I am not on any league roster but I do have a little old experience regarding league. I remember 4 man turrets back in the day and it was fun to watch but was a bit lame as far as league goes. Why not limit it to 2 man turrets max? I mean really how many people would actually do it?
WTF Get off my lawn!
The limit is 2-person turrets, currently, I believe, Grunt.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Hello I am not on any league roster but I do have a little old experience regarding league. I remember 4 man turrets back in the day and it was fun to watch but was a bit lame as far as league goes. Why not limit it to 2 man turrets max? I mean really how many people would actually do it?

</div>

Wow.

I would really love to see at least one prac arena where mines would be removed, because i am tired of forcing 50 mines onto my ship every prac. I don't think shrinking the roster size is going to help, because the squads barely showing 4 players with 14 rostercap are going to be harmed even more. What would be better is adding those inactives in a manner that roster would consist of 14 regular players + 6 (or less) inactives. Only 1 inactive player could play in a particular match. Captains, though, could editaccess whether the player is in active or inactive group during the week, while rosterlock takes place over the weekends. Squads like assassins or backarrow wouldn't make much use with the inactive players, but squads like blacknike certainly would have bigger odds to show 4.

</div>
Doh my bad lol. Look I have been away from this game for nearly 10 yrs until just a couple of months ago. I will stfu now. And yes Three WoW as in that is where I have been since whenever it went retail but am back now FU Smile
WTF Get off my lawn!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Nude For Satan" data-cid="289057" data-time="1391223911">
<div>

</div>
Doh my bad lol. Look I have been away from this game for nearly 10 yrs until just a couple of months ago. I will stfu now. And yes Three WoW as in that is where I have been since whenever it went retail but am back now FU Smile

</div>
</blockquote>
SmileSmile
I would really love to see at least one prac arena where mines would be removed, because i am tired of forcing 50 mines onto my ship every prac

</div>
You don't actually need to remove mines completely to get rid of runners mining for forever and ever. Just raise cost from 550 to 750 to make them unviable for defensive uses. That way, you can still retain all the nondefensive mine shenanigans.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Eric Clapton" data-cid="289059" data-time="1391245505">
<div>
I would really love to see at least one prac arena where mines would be removed, because i am tired of forcing 50 mines onto my ship every prac

</div>
You don't actually need to remove mines completely to get rid of runners mining for forever and ever. Just raise cost from 550 to 750 to make them unviable for defensive uses. That way, you can still retain all the nondefensive mine shenanigans.

</div>
</blockquote>
Mines already cost 550 which is a hell of a lot.   and usually if you are smart it does more dmg to the miner then the attacker.  
Captor’s review of next season settings

Council - Council up for next season. DO IT NOW -  BUT: TOP players vote only. Council determinate those players. Council makes ideas and suggestions for the season. Council is formed by captains + 1-2 / team, who captains decide from their teams.

Council member can be one of those players who decide yes/no.

Ship settings changes and suggestions to current one’s:

Warbird: Remove 1 rocket. TOUCH NOTHING ELSE

Javelin: Make it maybe more special ship with 2 Mines (would be only one with 2 mines)

Shark: Add faster multifire. (Current single bullets doesn’t work enough for it to be playable enough vs rest of the ships)

With these changes, I would rank ships pretty even.

Roster Size – Over 12-14 is fine, anything lower would hurt teams badly.

Full subs – Don’t touch it. Any change at this situation where player base is low, would be bad.

iex. Burn subs – would just make teams not to sub (no playingtime for subs)

iex. Move than 1 full sub – More and more confusing subbing rules (COST GAMES TO TEAMS)

iex. Messing with items – Touching items is like sticking a needle between your finger and nail.

4 man turrets – fun for a while, BIG BUT – not fun for a lifetime. Keep it max-2, unless someone makes uber suggestion how to change it better.

Map – It’s been a while we’ve played in different arena. Best would be to play on same arena – but it’s “maybe” getting too old once in a while. Play 3 weeks on different maps suggestion sounds a plan, but who makes those maps AND when would we able to test those and practice on those? BIG PROBLEM IS THAT PLAYOFF’S NEEDS TO BE ON SAME MAP AS REGULAR SEASON MAP. Suggestions?

Roster lock – roster lock is ok the way it is I think.

Ref – Definitely needs 1-2 more people to step up ( Caer+ doesn’t get paid doing this ), or what do I know. Caer+ has done great job so far for 4 seasons now?! wow. I seriously think we need some new blood running league. Three+, is what I suggest, if he’s up to it.

Balance – Council to make players to vote on their current favorite ships. We can all say who are good in those most favorite ships. But who’s good in Shark or Javelin?

All Star Game – Make it happen. Best of 24 players (leaguetop) after the season OR best 3-4 players from each team, based on leaguetop. So it’s before the playoffs round 1.

Teams as follow: Rank #1 - Team 1, Rank #2 - Team 2, Rank #3 - Team 3, Rank #4 - Team 4, Rank #5 - Team 4, Rank #6 - Team 3 etc.

3pm ET Game # 1: Team 1 vs Team 2

3pm ET Game # 2: Team 3 vs Team 4

4pm ET Game: Winner teams from games #1 and #2.

EVENTS – Everyone can suggest idea's for new event's. I try to run those as much as I possible can. I also would need your help for configuring bot. iex. running events sucs as:10v10 or Protect the Queen or fishies.