6    Assassins    5-3    35    0.435

7    Llamas    4-4    -1    0.511

8    Alpha Reunion    3-5    -37    0.519

9    Gods    2-6    -29    0.541

10    Unhallowed    1-7    -27    0.548

11    StarFire Elite    1-7    -49    0.468

12    BYE Round    0-2    -24    0.456

13    Shocktech    0-8    -91    0.503

ReDS ?! will be replacing Shocktech, who reached the max no-show limit of two in a row.

Round 8 Results:

4/7 3:59 pm    Requiem     def     FTNguyen    8-6    log

4/7 3:38 pm    Rebels     def     Alpha Reunion    12-3    log

4/7 3:30 pm    Assassins     def     StarFire Elite    12-0    log

4/7 2:59 pm    Sterling     def     Llamas    6-3    log

4/7 2:43 pm    Nuke     def     Gods    12-6    log

4/7 2:14 pm    Unhallowed     def     Shocktech    12-0    log

Requiem beat FTNguyen 8-6 in a game that looked like a usual boring backlob fun time by Requiem, while our asians tried to do something. Mostly they took advantage of various slow lobs by dodging them in uselessly stylish ways. Seriously, they were zigzagging between bombs at full energy for no apparent reason Smile Apparently somewhere after 27:32 but before 34 something some of our players are a few bombs to keep them from hitting a low life player, which made BizzahBobby need a new pair of trousers. Requiem had a 2-0 lead, then the game was 3-3 for a while. Then magically between 34:52 and 37:42 Requiem had a 3 kill lead, while doing nothing but waiting for someone to run into their bombs and for Sika to lag some kills. Which he did later. The 5-3 and 6-3 kills were just a few bullets and a bomb and a few bullets and a thor for KN and krellin (it was his first day). Here's the finishing chapter

KinGNewbiE kb Sika

KinGNewbiE is OUT! - [44:37]

Score: 8-5 Requiem -- [4v3]

Sika kb The Village Bike -- Assist by: krellin

Sika has 1 life remaining - [44:37]

Score: 8-6 Requiem -- [4v4]

Brave> ROFL

krellin> kn no

Jae> WOW SIKA

BARBARIAN> dat zeroskill lag

Brave> That should be bannable Smile

krellin> no

Dre> kn hoping his team would do something sooner but could not

Captor> sika huge mvp

Jae> lol

Street Figh> what lag?

Caerbannog> Reqiuem isn't a joke at all.

Jamuraan> lagshield on

7th> !items

Yeah. Well played. Lul. Regardless of rather sloppy play, we only had 2 WR total which is good.

Rebels vs. Alpha Reunion I heard no tasty rumors about, so I'll just take what the log has in it for a facT:

BARBARIAN> no clue wtf happened

mindrape> his butt plug popped out momentarily causing him to accidentally mash his keyboard

Seems legit to me. In the end VT is 5-1 again with 6 FR while the other rebels try to keep up.

StarFire Elite seems to have been shut down pretty efficiently by Assassins, the game ending 12-0 in 17:09. 16 FR for Sins.. still 9 WR on SFE.

Sterling vs. Llamas was a rather odd game. Odin flew a leviathan, which quite didn't work out. A few freebies were apparently given out (secret Nguyen tactic), but it didn't work out either. A ton of people in the spec were talking about everything but the game, besides trying to guess the first person to die.

Nuke also had to face the wrath of a leviathan vs. Gods. 10 WR on the side of Gods probably did not help them out too much. Apart from that, I didn't see the game and all I was told about it was that the blue bombs were exploding and pissing off Nuke, while Saiyan got Gods "pretty good".

And Unhallowed picked up +12 from Shocktech.

--------------------------------------------------------

<PSA>

Apart from the games, other interesting things this week... the oh-my-gosh so dramatic bans.

Seriously. It isn't that hard to not be a total douchebag in pracs. Practices _still_ make up the majority of all SubSpace games, so enforcing rules just for the games that are the most controlled is stupid. Hence bans for pracs.

I refuse to believe I'm the only one who remembers the fun times of people randomly starting to SC to end pracs faster or get back the toys they previously lost on lag outs, causing other people to SC, etc.

Like, totally. It's not very hard to just let the bot handle most of these things. Yes. Get yourself a fresh ship if you "tablag" at the beginning of a prac and it burns you. Don't try to pull this mid-prac.

Most of the douchebaggery just leads to people not wanting to play, since nothing will make sense anyways. Pracs have been in a rather good place recently, don't kill the buzz.

While it might be super cool to totally rebel against... me? It kind of is a huge finger to whoever you're practicing with. I, on the other hand, don't give a rat's ass.

</PSA>

Schedule for Round 9:

3pm:

FTNguyen vs. Sterling -- 114613

Nuke vs. Rebels -- 114164

StarFire Elite vs. Unhallowed -- 114165

4pm:

Assassins vs. Requiem -- 114166

Alpha Reunion vs. ReDS -- 114167

Llamas vs. Gods -- 113168

LOL are you serious? that's the most biased recap of a game i ever saw. Requiem was pushing the pace the whole game. And the bot stats agree on that part. You simply got beat by a better team. And i was spectating sika during the scenario you're pasting logtext from. He got singled out and there was a lot of bulletspray and pray from nguyens. but none of it actually hit him until he turned around and decided to trade kills. People are retarded and just shout things based on prejudice and what others say. Even if they didn't see what happened.

Enjoy your butthurt loss. Many more are soon to come.

Miserable troll. Sad

Good game.

This guy continues to impress me with how insecure and delusional he is.  The guy can't even write a review without bashing people he dislikes, or teams that just defeated his.  Don't worry though it isn't like this guy, whom becomes emotional over subspace is running the league and has admin powers right?  Oh yeah Sad

was a good game by req.  we didn't play very well, but that doesn't mean req didn't beat us (ZEP said he likes my triple negative here).  the game was fairly even on the scale of things and dmg dealt doesn't always mean pushing as candy said.  either way this was a pretty close game and came down till the end where it could have ended up a 1 death loss or going to OT, but ended as a 8-6 loss.  

will see each other in playoffs about two years from now when this seasons playoffs actually begin and then it will be serious business : ) 

Thank you for the edit job 7th.  You have gone from "bad" to only "semi-bad" as far as I'm concerned!
Quote:LOL are you serious? that's the most biased recap of a game i ever saw. Requiem was pushing the pace the whole game. And the bot stats agree on that part. You simply got beat by a better team. And i was spectating sika during the scenario you're pasting logtext from. He got singled out and there was a lot of bulletspray and pray from nguyens. but none of it actually hit him until he turned around and decided to trade kills. People are retarded and just shout things based on prejudice and what others say. Even if they didn't see what happened.

Enjoy your butthurt loss. Many more are soon to come.

You can write one of your own, don't sweat it. What the fuck am I, a paid professional journalist league operator with totally objective view on things? Much like human beings, us bunnies see things through some weighed opinions. Like in this very post. You are implying Sika's lag is legit. Do you want me to find logs from a few seasons ago where you play vs. Sika? I don't think you're the one to cry bias anywhere with your double or triple standards on pretty much anything.

Seriously. I'm waiting for your version of the story in which Requiem hunt down and kill FTNguyen players. Go for it.

Also, Rage, sadly enough I feel pretty "meh" about everything SS related. I wish I had more emotional investment in it one way or the other.

Good to see you people read these things though, ho ho.
Quote:What the fuck am I, a paid professional journalist league operator with totally objective view on things?

Do you get any benefit from managing a 20 year old game?
Quote:--------------------------------------------------------

<PSA>

Apart from the games, other interesting things this week... the oh-my-gosh so dramatic bans.

Seriously. It isn't that hard to not be a total douchebag in pracs. Practices _still_ make up the majority of all SubSpace games, so enforcing rules just for the games that are the most controlled is stupid. Hence bans for pracs.

I refuse to believe I'm the only one who remembers the fun times of people randomly starting to SC to end pracs faster or get back the toys they previously lost on lag outs, causing other people to SC, etc.

Like, totally. It's not very hard to just let the bot handle most of these things. Yes. Get yourself a fresh ship if you "tablag" at the beginning of a prac and it burns you. Don't try to pull this mid-prac.

Most of the douchebaggery just leads to people not wanting to play, since nothing will make sense anyways. Pracs have been in a rather good place recently, don't kill the buzz.

While it might be super cool to totally rebel against... me? It kind of is a huge finger to whoever you're practicing with. I, on the other hand, don't give a rat's ass.

</PSA>

Schedule shall appear hereish. Tomorrow..ish.

Caer, I disagree with that. People ruining pracs only becomes a problem when it's actually happening consistently. You came across two incidents in the past two weeks, where the players in question only did something wrong once (and in Rage's case, this happened two weeks ago and he had not done anything else wrong since then) and chose to act on these in order to make an example of Rage and Legacy. Saying that this is what leads people to not play is incorrect. In fact, when the rest of our team found out that Rage was banned for our Sunday game, the captains were pretty indifferent about even playing league anymore. 

I can share an anecdote from my experience running HZ for 5+ years: when the old sysop stepped down and appointed me the new sysop, one of the first things I did was abolish banning. If you've played HZ at all (which I know that you have, Caer!) you know that prior to me taking over, the zone was pretty much known across subspace for having some of the strictest language rules and having nothing but "nazi mods." Some of the policies and development changes I implemented along with getting rid of bans was to automate the zone as much as possible to ensure that things that could get you banned or penalized in the past were no longer possible. In HZ, the biggest issue was the strict language policy, which I replaced with a modified version of a language filter our development team was able to code into ASSS. To date, there have probably been less than 10 bans since the policies changed, and all (or most) for hacking/cheating. 

I realize the anecdote doesn't seem to have a lot to do with the situation at hand, but where I relate it is the fact that in both of our situations we identified a problem and came up with a solution. I changed the system at it's core, so the problem wouldn't happen anymore, whereas you put a bandaid on it by banning two people and hoping that your iron fist would prevent people from doing it in the future. I disagree with that assessment. I think a better course of action would be to slightly modify the bot code that disallows somebody from re-entering a game from instead of associating players by name, to associating them by MID and IP. It would take a bit of coding, but in the long run it would fix the issue from ever happening again. Alternatively, imo there should at least be one mod on at all times. Rage's ban could have easily been averted if a mod was on to answer the ?cheater message, and had just speclocked him for the remainder of the game. Of course that would have probably killed the prac, since it looks like it was 2:00 AM and there didn't seem to be any players in spec willing to sub in when Rage's team lost a player, which is the only reason he subbed in to begin with. 

TLDR: the zone should avoid banning people as a bandaid solution, as it harms more than helps. There are different (and better) ways of handling situations that right now are bannable offenses.
Adept | Critical Mass
To date, we've had 2 bans relating to doing dumb things in 4v4.

You can probably figure out what they are.

Chaos is a chill zone in general, pub has a bot with *shutup etc. "minor bans". 4v4 doesn't have that luxury. And it's not a case of making an example of anyone. It's simply someone reporting to me that someone else cheated. I have to go by the community voice on these things or it'll become a chaos pub scenario from a few years back where nothing was cheating, unless witnessed by a mod. And even then they'd judge it wrong.

I'd rather nothing like this happens constantly because people don't want to get banned. We could develop plenty of solutions that solve nothing. If anything, your captains should tell Rage to stop getting banned.

The rules aren't really that hard to live with.

TLDR; Yes, we should avoid banning people.

P.S. Yeah... wasn't hz one of those places where disagreeing with Arnk Dylie might get you banned, even if you used proper sentences without any obscenities? Although the HZ trolls far surpass 4v4 trolls. And the zone was easier to troll too.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">What the fuck am I, a paid professional journalist league operator with totally objective view on things?

Do you get any benefit from managing a 20 year old game?
</blockquote>

No
In a prac just yesterday one bloke lagged out on 0/0/0/0 (had fought hard to preserve his LL with 0 reps for about 15 mins), some new fucker wanders into the arena, subs in, and sc's and races into battle. Yeah only a prac but it was tight (a margin of 2 I think) and both sides had grunted out a pretty enthralling battle to that point.

I hear that this is wrong, but is it actionable?

He died straight out immediately which I found so fucking funny.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I for one agree with enforcing rules in pracs but the Rage ban was ridiculous.  

This is the type of thing that should be set and written in the rules.  If you disrupt pracs in a bad way (which I don't think Rage's case was such) you get a day ban for the 1st offense.  Come back after your ban, you do it again, you get banned for 10 days.  I really don't think people were aware of this.  I've seen people fuck with pracs much worse and get nothing.

GG Ster, I sucked Sad

Quote:In a prac just yesterday one bloke lagged out on 0/0/0/0 (had fought hard to preserve his LL with 0 reps for about 15 mins), some new fucker wanders into the arena, subs in, and sc's and races into battle. Yeah only a prac but it was tight (a margin of 2 I think) and both sides had grunted out a pretty enthralling battle to that point.

I hear that this is wrong, but is it actionable?

He died straight out immediately which I found so fucking funny.

One bloke banned. US Air Force maintenance style, yo.

But seriously, a few more details might be necessary to find these evil-doers™.

The rules are roughly stated here http://www.subspace.co/topic/25546-4v4-rules/

Using more than one slot (unless via a !sub / !return error) is covered what, four times?

And yes, Odin, you see... a lot of people have seen much worse. But they don't necessarily tell anyone much anything about it, or want anything done. Like in this case, most people cry FREE RAGE. Requiem's players decided they want to point out Rage's aliased sub in. Three mentions it in the log and Ozn actually messaged me with the whole situation. They try hard and report something that fucks up their squad prac. You have to respect that. Especially since for the first time in history they managed to not start illegally SCing as a protest to Rage bending the rules.

BTW Candy I'm still waiting for your recap Sad
<div>Here's my recap.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Caerbannog was benched. The rest of us played subspace. The others on Caerbannogs squad, who seem like pretty cool guys, congratulated us on a nice win. Caerbannog wrote a grudging essay about how it was all a fluke. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The end.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Edited out the gruesome part for the sake of my kharma.</div>
Quote:<div>Here's my recap.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Caerbannog was benched. The rest of us played subspace. The others on Caerbannogs squad, who seem like pretty cool guys, congratulated us on a nice win. Caerbannog wrote a grudging essay about how it was all a fluke. </div>
<div>There was much rejoicing</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The end.</div>
<div> </div>

Rest of the squad has been redefined to mean Kingnewbie.

<pre>
Stats for this game can be viewed at: http://stats.svszone.com/?page=Game&id=113805
MVP: Sika (+21) -- Runner Up: Three (+8)
LVP: KinGNewbiE (-8) -- Runner Up: Ozn (0)
Arena UNLOCKED
Three> gg
Candyman> team stack defeated
KinGNewbiE> gg
Arctos> gg</pre>

Unless the rest did it in form of " or :#Requiem: and I hallucinated the rest of our squad chat Smile

The win is nice. But if you're happy about the way Requiem got it... well, we don't really need to get too worried. Also stop refering to Nguyens as my squad. I don't run it.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Arctos" data-cid="287177" data-time="1365582755">
<div>Here's my recap.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>There was much rejoicing</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The end.</div>
<div> </div>

Rest of the squad has been redefined to mean Kingnewbie.

<pre>
Stats for this game can be viewed at: http://stats.svszone.com/?page=Game&id=113805
MVP: Sika (+21) -- Runner Up: Three (+8)
LVP: KinGNewbiE (-8) -- Runner Up: Ozn (0)
Arena UNLOCKED
Three> gg
Candyman> team stack defeated
KinGNewbiE> gg
Arctos> gg</pre>

Unless the rest did it in form of " or :#Requiem: and I hallucinated the rest of our squad chat Smile

The win is nice. But if you're happy about the way Requiem got it... well, we don't really need to get too worried. Also stop refering to Nguyens as my squad. I don't run it.
</blockquote>

Kingnewbie dropped plenty of shots in that match too there buddy - you don't see us crying about it. For a guy that feels pretty "meh" about everything Subspace related you sure type a lot when the team you're on loses. We look forward to playing FTNguyen again.

Perhaps players like Sika, bhang, etc. "lag" because of a bad ISP where they live. It's probably a combination of that and the fact that they live across the Atlantic Ocean. Sweden and Finland are both over four thousand miles away from the server.

Edit: Please post the schedule on a separate thread. I have zero interest in reading your "recaps".

Let's not get too butthurt over anything guys, it's just 2d spaceships.