Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular Season AWARDS
Hohoho. Someone mentioned FR and Damage stats and playmaking all in one paragraph. Meanwhile a bomb that forces someone into a bad spot, which they realize soon enough, will deal no damage, force no repel, but still end up repelled away. Statistics are a pretty bad basis for anything in our game of pewpew. That's why I voted for SF for the game-making or whatever categories. Dev and Leg have it easy on their respective squads.

Oh. And something like a repkill won't be tracked in stats. Unless maybe as a forced repel "against you" and not a wasted repel "for you". It won't even give you an assist, and no bot could ever realistically track that either.

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;">On my basis I did not vote by looking at statistics.  Yes, some people think they are important, but as caer said you can have a lot of good plays go unnoticed by the bot or some people.  By playing proper positioning and shooting strategic bombs or multi that force people into bad positions result in using reps, rockets or running into other people bombs leaving the person responsible for said stat with nothing.  I voted for Develop by not looking at stats, but from game flow and contribution.  Playing vs develop and watching him, I believe his aggressive presence was key for assassins this season, yes he had a great supporting cast, but I believe he would do this on a lot of other teams as well.  
</span>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;">As far as doing this sooner, well, SF just kind of went on a whim and thought it would be a good idea.  So, thank SF for taking the initiative to start this.  We need more people who are willing to put some effort into small, but worthwhile things like this.
</span>

Congrats to all those who were part of this and the winners.  

7th -  or thundaga now on CM
Absolutely, Street Fighter.  Did you read it or my reply?  The only thing this thread talks about is KDA, team records in their respective games, and who the stats were earned against.  There's not a single mention of forced/wasted reps, situational kills, leadership, how the team MIGHT have done without the player playing, etc.

Yes I did Digs, and it seemed like you didn't.

First post was about the winners in 4 categories (MVP, Best PLAYMAKER, Captain and Most improved), yet you say "If <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">someone is the play maker of their team and doing 2500ddpm with 55% bomb accuracy but goes 33-17 in a season, are they more valuable to their team than someone that does 1200ddpm with 26% bomb accuracy but goes 36-9?"</span>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">So, if someone is the best playmaker, they will get the award for the best playmaker. Also, it is possible that the same person gets both awards. Nebug was a possibility, but came up short in both categories.</span>

The stats were there because HG said Devious may have deserved the award. I responded to that with "<span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Legacy was </span>34-11<span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> and his team went </span>8-0<span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> with him in the game. Also had </span>10 <span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">assists and </span>40 <span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">FR." and later with "</span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">Legacy went 7-2 vs CM, 4-1 vs Ass and 6-1 vs EGO".</span>

<span style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Still, any member of the council could have voted any way they wished (except for themselves or squaddies).</span>
Simply saying someone is the best playmaker doesn't really encompass what I was asking, however.  I asked if someone was the playmaker of their team and finished with a lower K/D ratio, are they more valuable than someone that is more of a sniper but finishes with a superb ratio?  That's where K/D doesn't really tell the story.  Simply labeling someone a "playmaker" is pretty short sighted if you're just going to reference me to the fact that there is a category for "playmaker" without explaining how/why that person is less valuable than the MVP when the comparisons for MVP are done on a purely statistical based format.