Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,722
» Latest member: suri
» Forum threads: 1,582
» Forum posts: 8,535

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 189 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 189 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
MOC - April 6th 2024 - @ ...
Forum: Zone Events + Warzone etc.
Last Post: Captor
04-06-2024, 05:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
MOC - March 2nd 2024 - @ ...
03-02-2024, 10:33 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 281
MOC - February 3rd 2024 -...
02-05-2024, 08:52 PM
» Views: 367
MOC - January 6th 2024 - ...
01-06-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 381
MOC - December 2nd 2023 -...
12-02-2023, 10:39 PM
» Views: 551
MOC - November 4th 2023 -...
11-04-2023, 09:43 PM
» Views: 600
Warzone League (WZL) Capt...
10-14-2023, 05:03 PM
» Views: 573
MOC - September 2nd 2023 ...
10-07-2023, 09:39 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 793
MOC - October 7th 2023 - ...
10-06-2023, 11:24 PM
» Views: 409
If you are locked out of ...
Forum: Chaos Discussion
Last Post: gFraggle
09-21-2023, 09:03 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 20,084

Event Log 2 - 2009-03-09
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 03-09-2009, 06:30 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (2)

Today we reached 5v5 in our event! Thanks to all those who showed up to play!

We still need more people. To keep you better informed of when people are playing, ASWZ now has a twitter feed: [url="http://twitter.com/aswz"]http://twitter.com/aswz[/url] . The feed will be updated automatically when ASWZ has at least 6 people in pub. With this, we can have impromptu events at any time! I'm open to suggestions as to what else we could do with the twitter from inside the zone (allow spamming by people who want to organize a game, for example).

[url="http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/23400012.rss"]Subscribe to the RSS feed for ASWZ twitter[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/aswz"]See the ASWZ twitter[/url]

If anyone has an idea for an avatar for ASWZ, I'm open to just about anything.

Remember: Next Sunday, March 16 at 9:00pm Eastern

Print this item

Event Log 1 -- 2009-03-01
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 03-02-2009, 05:15 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - No Replies

We had our first event today and it went far better than expected!

Our game got as large as 5v5 over a total of 2 and a half hours. Almost 20 different players showed up during the event, doubling my estimate!

This is also the first time the voting system was used in a real setting, and I've got some ideas to make it even better.

So stay tuned and stop on by next Sunday at 9pm Eastern!

Print this item

ASWZ Event - Sunday 9pm Eastern / 8pm Central
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 02-24-2009, 10:50 PM - Forum: A Small WarZone - No Replies

We're going to start holding ASWZ Events in SSXA A Small WarZone starting this Sunday March 1 at 9pm Eastern.

Let everyone know!

Print this item

maps
Posted by: sdizazzo - 02-22-2009, 04:07 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (1)

I found a few maps...

Print this item

Flag holding
Posted by: sdizazzo - 02-15-2009, 07:23 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (1)

Just tested out the zone and it brought back memories! After messing around with Extreme games, I was stocked to have ASWZ back.

Anyway, I don't remember ever that you could only hold one flag at a time. Then again, it's been at least five years since I last played.

Did I forget something? Or is this a new setting?

~FreakInTheRoom

Print this item

What Time Should We Hold Events?
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 02-15-2009, 03:53 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (3)

Now that we have a production-level server operational, we can start scheduling events. What day/time is everyone available? Choose ALL times you can make.

Print this item

Where is this ASWZ
Posted by: Illuminus - 02-12-2009, 02:20 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (14)

I Miss ASWZ

I miss the 5 hour Prestige vs StaTik ASWZ League matches.

I miss anyone who even remembers my name.

-dave-(aka: Illuminus)

Print this item

Pub Freq Settings
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 12-30-2008, 10:48 PM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (1)

Back before ASWZ became popular, arenas were forced to 2 teams of 8 players. This usually caused there to be only one pub arena at any given time. Once ASWZ lifted those restrictions, games became larger and more exciting, but private freqs and center-killers could quickly kill the flag game when only a few people were in the zone.

There are really four options available to us:

1. Force 2 freqs of a set size (8 or 10). More people means new arena.
  2. Unlimited public freqs of a set size. Force people to grow 2 freqs evenly, then join them to a third freq. When third freq fills up, start a fourth. When fourth fills up, start a fifth. etc...
  3. Unlimited public freqs of a set size. Allow people to be in whatever public freq they want.
  4. Unlimited public and private freqs of a set size. Allow people to be in whatever freq they want.

Since we're starting from scratch again, I'm thinking that it would be a good idea for the time being to force the 2 freqs of 8 (or 10) for a while. Barring that, I think option 2 will help the zone more than allowing people to go off on their own freq for center-killing.

Once the zone can maintain a real flag game (2 freqs of 8, 3 nights a week), these restrictions can be lifted and we can return to the exciting, chaotic, do-as-you-want ASWZ pub.

Any opinions?

Print this item

Pub Status Report
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (5)

My Goal: Release ASWZ Pub as of Thursday January 15, 2009 so that the first official pub games can begin that weekend.

Projects that need completion and status:

1. Maps.
    • We currently have 4 maps, two of which have been used in pub before. One has been used in ASWZL.
    • We need at least 10 maps for proper zone operation, more if possible.
    • Contact me if you have any or would like an arena to start building some.

2. Server.
    • Sknox has ordered the server and it should be arriving soon.

3. Pub programming.
    • ASSS out-of-the-box supports the "No Flags Outside" rule
    • The map voting system is about 50% complete, with the first version to be released possibly this weekend.
    • We will need some testing of the system once it has been released.

I will update this thread as news changes.

Print this item

ASWZ Pub Format - Multiple pub maps in rotation
Posted by: hawkaloogie - 12-22-2008, 09:34 AM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (2)

Every zone in SubSpace follows the same pub format: One map for two weeks, score reset and map change, rinse lather repeat.

With ASSS, we have the opportunity to change the map and settings in an arena without having to disconnect all the players. With this, we can have new ways to keep pub interesting and fresh.

• 6-12 maps in pub rotation
  • Players vote on a new map every 30-60 minutes
  • If flag game isn't finished when the map timer runs out, go to sudden death (disable respawning). After 5 minutes of sudden death, if flag game is not won, freq with most flags wins.
  • Map changes, players download new map, game waits for a few minutes to allow players time to download.
  • Flag game begins again.

Does this sound like a good idea? Are there refinements we can make? Am I completely nuts?

Print this item