Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The discussion thread for things
(06-03-2018, 05:04 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  Right, right.
1. Any change in the zone is beyond what I do. I'm not at all up to date on how SSC limits copying other zones' settings or leagues. All I can say is I agree the server randomly locking players out is an issue.

2. Ship settings have been tried. Some of them were forum based suggestions, most of the current nerfs are ones I put there without too much input? Like they were ideas that had been thrown out here and there. That is reverting the terrier and leviathan changes Underlord made, increasing multi-bullet cost (except terrier), lowering x-radar drain (spiders were at a point where they were a must have everywhere, which slowed games down, which people didn't like). Javelin was _too_ fast (50 off rocket speed), Javelin then had a confusing thrust mechanic. The shark never really had an identity, atm is a nerfed version of the pub shark. And I don't even think it's necessarily a bad ship (besides the graphic) it just takes a lot more effort than most other ships.

The only ideas I've tossed right away are ones that stray too far from SVS.

3. Bot development / prac queues etc. See, no one is also opposed to these ideas. It's just that you'd have to present them in a VERY refined form so that it doesn't take hallucination a week to implement for everyone to tell him it's shit. Which is more than likely to happen when you thought your queue system would somehow dodge landing you in there with secede and el poopie. Which, by the way, it won't. Then you'll F11 and... then what?

4. The sad loss of cash flow king. Man that's a tough one. You won't log in to subspace to _not_ play the game? Darn. If ever there were people who server no purpose except to piss off the rest of the population, cfk would fit right in.

5. The Coucil, ah yes, the one I pushed to set up so I could just chill Smile Please do reinstate that. Except the council ground rules have to then be revisited and agreed upon. I tried to set it up in a way where I was never supposed to hold the councils hand, cause that'd just be more work for me.

6. Creating a toxic environment? That's all on me? Everyone hating on Pivotal or Candyman when they're not suiciding in pracs? For the past 20 years? That's all me? Nice. Never did I ever imagine my charisma is enough to get everyone to act in a way they deem is a) immature and b) toxic? People usually only attempt to copy the good ideas and features, I suppose my excellence is too much though. The ozn threat thing lead to a ban, so uhh.. what? See, everyone has a different view of what is ok and what isn't. Develop for one was all for lifting that badn cause "we're all adults and don't need people to hold our hands". Personally, I suggest using ?ignore or ignore.txt a lot.

7. Nismo you managed to kill a 400 player zone, while you were the sysop? Thumbs up mate. Got any tips?

8. New players not wanting to enter chaos due to sysops? Come on there, random alias. There's no chance new players even know who the sysops are. Now this would be where our rather elitist 4v4 community comes in. If there ever was a new player they'd a) be called secede within a minute b) be kicked out of everything and c) with the very few pracs anyone gets, I fully understand why.

9. Menteroth, I don't feel like CFK's post was very helpful. Regardless of his high opinion of me, he should probably not instantly attempt to undermine a thread with "too little too late lololo"? He's about as negative of a force as you can find.

10. As stated before, most of you are working with limited information. Am I going to resign and leave the league without a sysop or a council to operate it because everyone acts like 5 year olds? Nah. Smile

11. Rage can't bring Sterling (well, Seismic) back regardless of leadership (unless leadership changes match times) since people (Seismic) have families they need to attend to. Source: Seismic.

2. Referring to the "incident" with the Javelin, You didn't "toss them". You acted like a complete asshole in-game after having a decent discussion on the pro forum. I think the starting point was the old settings I mentioned, we made suggestions, and wanted to try them. You literally as I said, after matches on a Sunday, announced to the entire zone in green, let's go test these shitty settings, or something along those lines. Now the Javelin is actually somewhat use-able after the shift-thrust option was taken out, because we started the discussion. I believe thrust was increased to 18, from 17, no afterburner.

Side note - the shark did have an identity, season 7. One of the changes that should have been made a long time ago after Underlord's 20 thrust sharks were removed. 1750 nrg, 18 thrust, around 270 or 280 rotation, cloak, perhaps no stealth I forget off the top of my head.

I'm not talking shit, this happened. Here is some of the history on the Javelin incident: http://forum.svssubspace.com/showthread.php?tid=1460

So did the awarding of a death and banning of Ozn and nearly costing my team a semi-finals game because he "cheated", which couldn't be further from the truth. Forum links can be provided for the entire saga I'm just too lazy to scroll through 35 pages to find it unless someone really wants to read through that crap again.

And the updating of current league teams on the pro website, that happened, old teams hadn't been removed, a good number of them. The racism, that isn't even debatable.

To menteroth's point, he's absolutely right. I'm as guilty if not more guilty than most for talking trash, and acting like a child. We all have our own demons we deal with and we use this game as an outlet to let steam off, have some fun, etc.. That doesn't excuse how immature a lot of us have been, including myself, but it does add context. I own it, I agree I have acted immaturely, impatiently, I agree with you. I fire back when I shouldn't, I have posted rants on the forum, some warranted, others, not. Most of that stems from my frustration that nothing is being done to promote and grow the league, and the league operators indifference towards the populations frustrations, or to the longevity of this league, or for basic human decency (his use of racial slurs).

The situation has been pretty dire the past few seasons, leagues now nearly dead. When people who are passionate about keeping the league alive and growing see nothing being done by the sysop, or the zone moderator or whatever you call hallucination, for years, and years, and Caerbannog acting like he does as the league head, logical discussions are thrown out the window and you can expect the vitriol.

The question remains, what are you, Caerbannog, and you, hallucination, doing to grow this zone, and more importantly, this league? Have you joined discord, are you involved in any events planning for the near future, have you reached out to other zone mods for ideas, help with bot coding, perhaps merging with other zones that have the capability of replay (like powerball did), who have more advanced server capabilities? We would love to hear what the plan(s) are... How can we help if you are working on project(s) the "public" aren't privy to?

None of what I said in this post was shit talk, or in any way untrue. I think Menteroth has done a TON for the pro population by posting like 2 posts, and firing up discord. Why can't he (if he wants) be more involved on the pro staff? It seems to me like he cares.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The discussion thread for things - SK+ - 05-31-2018, 11:38 AM
RE: The discussion thread for things - p.k - 06-01-2018, 04:51 AM
RE: The discussion thread for things - p.k - 06-01-2018, 06:32 AM
RE: The discussion thread for things - p.k - 06-01-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: The discussion thread for things - Three - 06-04-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: The discussion thread for things - SK+ - 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: The discussion thread for things - ivf - 06-04-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: The discussion thread for things - 7th - 06-11-2018, 06:43 PM