Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,722
» Latest member: suri
» Forum threads: 1,581
» Forum posts: 8,534

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 108 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 108 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
MOC - March 2nd 2024 - @ ...
Forum: Zone Events + Warzone etc.
Last Post: Captor
03-02-2024, 10:33 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 132
MOC - February 3rd 2024 -...
02-05-2024, 08:52 PM
» Views: 190
MOC - January 6th 2024 - ...
01-06-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 248
MOC - December 2nd 2023 -...
12-02-2023, 10:39 PM
» Views: 412
MOC - November 4th 2023 -...
11-04-2023, 09:43 PM
» Views: 448
Warzone League (WZL) Capt...
10-14-2023, 05:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
MOC - September 2nd 2023 ...
10-07-2023, 09:39 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 621
MOC - October 7th 2023 - ...
10-06-2023, 11:24 PM
» Views: 310
If you are locked out of ...
Forum: Chaos Discussion
Last Post: gFraggle
09-21-2023, 09:03 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 19,791
S53 - Draft S7 Match time...
Forum: Pro League Discussion
09-19-2023, 08:09 AM
» Views: 499

Player Preference Bot Update
Posted by: A mirror - 02-08-2013, 03:30 AM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (3)

I know I do not contribute much but I was sadden today by providing information in a team chat in a practice that I was captain of.  Soooooooooooo,  since I can't change that, I ask for implementation.

I was hoping a player profile can be added to the bot.  It's like an info tab on an account.  Since there are only a few players playing with only so many alises, there should be an !info player.

Since in the past, I have been brief and not to the point, I will be to the point and not brief.

Player admits to typing .items in public or to bot to obtain information and will only ask coords:  yes or no

you can break that up.

I'm sorry, I am lazy haha.  So the way this works, is the bot remebers preferences and when you type in team chat, the messages are "filtered" in the right way based on the type of information the player wishes to receive.

more examples:

1 update in team chat in the form of regular typing.  1 update in team chat in the form of %coord (1 liners).  Rest are filtered.

The player preference !info player basically describes the players preferences in how he wishes to play the game because to play the game all you need to do is kill the other dude or whatever.

I left it open, cheers tonight peeps.

edit: ooops ... everyone wants to know the benefit.  the benefit is the player has control over the situation.  nuff said.

Print this item

ASWZ sub-arena in TW?
Posted by: X-Demo - 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM - Forum: A Small WarZone - Replies (3)

Hey all,

Cintra and I have been talking to some of the powers that be in TW.  Seems we can probably get an aswz sub-arena in TW once we have the maps and settings.  (Just came across: [url=]http://maps.aswz.org,[/url] might be all we need if those can be adapted for subgame.)

Some Benefits:

-TW seems to be a more active zone than Chaos

-Could probably entice players to try it out through bot announcements to pub

-Hosted games (maybe with rewards of TW's pub currency) might also entice players

Also, I've been thinking about joining staff (mod and/or bot developer) for TW.  I wouldn't mind taking a stab at rewriting the old pub bot for TW's bot core Smile.

Thoughts?

- X-Demo

Print this item

S33 R1 and Full Schedule & Some Rules
Posted by: Caerbannog - 02-04-2013, 02:26 PM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (18)

The rule part - Double round robin, a hefty 16 rounds:
Squads that dissolve will be replaced by bye rounds. If more than one dissolve, I'll redo "round 2" to match the number of squads left. Maybe even the rest of "round 1".

Tied squads will be sorted HtH -> HtH within tied group -> K/D within tied group -> Overall K/D.
Assuming 10 make it to post-season, PRO will have 6 squads with instant semi-finals for top 2. AML will have the other 4 squads.

Rosters will be locked for moderation before this Sunday. Meaning you can still change your roster up to round 10, but I'll have to handle it. This is to prevent name changing and gives me time to go through any possible double squadders. As usual, rosters will not be changed on Sundays, unless the messages from the captain and the player are both sent to me (?message Caerbannog+:you roxor; or via forums) in advance.

Dissolving squads' players will be allowed to join other squads IF their squad dissolves during the first half of the season.
---------

Schedule for February 10th:

3pm:
Alpha Reunion vs. Assassins -- 110490
Llamas vs. Shocktech -- 110491
Nuke vs. SFE -- 110492

4pm:
Rebels vs. Requiem -- 110493
FTNguyen vs. Unhallowed -- 110494

SCHEDULE FIXED AFTER ROUND ONE TO FIT 11 SQUADS AND BYE.

Print this item

S33 Pre-season r2 schedule
Posted by: Caerbannog - 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (1)

Still no confirmation from Assassins on their moves regarding league. Unhallowed's return also remains a mystery. Amphitheater hasn't gotten back to me.
Last weekend both Requiem and FTNguyen showed 4. SFE had 3 and a nts. Llamas would've had 4 I think. Rebels had 3. Alpha Reunion was nowhere to be seen.

Sunday, Jan 27th:
3pm:
Rebels vs. Requiem
FTNguyen vs. StarFire Elite

4pm:
Assassins vs. Alpha Reunion
Nuke vs. Llamas

REMINDER: Any player can remove him/herself from a squad by logging in with the name on a squad and typing !removeplayer squadname:playername

We won't run pre-season or regular on the 3rd for superbowl. Yeah, we wouldn't pause a season for it, but this season isn't even going yet Smile

Print this item

Macro generator by JPlank and a-poC
Posted by: pseudo - 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (2)

If you don't know what to type as a macro, find the best a-poC quotes here:

http://www.geocities.ws/jplanckgold/poCemon.html

DISCLAIMER BY Reaem:

Last update: 1-2-03

A poCemon is a quoted phrase made by a-poC himself put into a macro. Here is a list of collected poCemon...collect them all to be the greatest poCemon master! Hoho.

If it isn't listed here it's not authentic poCemon. (But it could possibly still be authentic poC)

Effective use of poCemon: It has you keeping one guy busy for 45 minutes because he keeps responding to them! Log here.

Good stuff! Smile

Print this item

No preseason this weekend and league things!
Posted by: Caerbannog - 01-17-2013, 04:43 PM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - No Replies

Ok, as it would be a rather late call (and some people somehow cannot predict league times), we'll skip this weekend's pre-season.

But don't worry, we still have two more weekends to go before the superbowl.

Now, in other league related news. You can comment on this here, but..
If we have 8+ (we might have 9, perhaps even 10) squads, we'll go double round robin. If we have 7 or less, we'll go triple.
I know the 15 round season we had with 6 felt long for many, but fact is once we hit playoffs, squads get eliminated.

Oh well, discuss amonst your squaddies if you can find them and or tell me what you think.
Oh and if we have squads dissolving, the number of rounds quite obviously changes from the original, regardless of the format.
And we seem to have some pretty volatile squads forming up.

Print this item

17 years SS Tourney - BIG PRIZE MONEY
Posted by: Street - 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (18)

Hello everyone,

I have some pretty good news. One of the SS veterans (wishes to stay anonymous at this time), who still loves this game and has some extra money, has decided to donate $1000 to the 4v4 league in hope to attract people to play this game again and show that they are the best.

Full amount will be given to the winner of the league. It would start right after the season that starts on Feb 11<sup>th</sup> has ended (probably late May or July) and would be ran either as the new season or an independent league. This gives us enough time to advertise it (forums, in-game) and, also, enough time for pilots to get back to 4v4 practicing.

I have talked to several captains and they are all generally happy with the idea.

Not everything is organized yet, but here are some key rules.

In order to avoid stacking and have as many people and squads as possible, we would have 5 or max 6 man rosters. This way it’s easier for anyone to form a squad.

The avoid stacking part -> Captains would not roster just the best pilots they can find, they will also have to think about how active and reliable to show someone is. (i.e. Stacked team doesn’t show everyone vs. a weaker team -> the weaker team has a great chance to win the game.) In 2013, this would mean the league would be pretty interesting.

Another great thing is that 4v4 arenas would be full like in the old days, even on weekdays.

There is one condition. We will need at least 20 rosters for all this to happen. If there isn’t 20, it will not take place. Of course, double squadding is forbidden.

Please respond in this thread if you are interested. And send the link to people you think might be interested to participate in this.

Once we have the exact number of squads, we will know in which format the league will be held.

P.S. If it is a success, the person that is donating money will do it again.

SF

Print this item

S33 Pre-Season r1 schedule
Posted by: Caerbannog - 01-10-2013, 05:11 PM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (5)

Well hello there, subfriends.

It kinds of looks like the council isn't happening, at least for now. Who knows, things might change.
Anyways, I updated A1 to fix mAImER's capitals and AML champs... except the last part is still wrong. It's missing seasons.

We have 7-ish squads for this:
FTNguyen
Rebels
Llamas
StarFire Elite
Requiem
Alpha Reunion
Nuke - missing a few players
Assassins - no idea if they are returning

So I'll pit the two most unlikely to show against each other.

Sunday, January 13th:
3pm:
Assassins vs. Nuke
Alpha Reunion vs. Llamas

4pm:
Rebels vs. FTNguyen
Requiem vs. StarFire Elite

Print this item

Ship Of Choice
Posted by: Nude For Satan - 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM - Forum: Chaos Discussion - Replies (5)

Just wondering what people prefer as their primary ship when tackling/pwning/laming Chaos Zone.

I've always preferred warbird because I'm quite boring and need enough help as it is without clunky steering nobbling my attempts to run screaming from the mere thought of an exchange.

But I thought I'd ask you buggers, what do you drive, and why?

Print this item

A "salary" (erat?) Cap? Is that possible/sensible/worthwhile?
Posted by: Nude For Satan - 12-21-2012, 07:57 AM - Forum: Pro League Discussion - Replies (6)

After my hundreds of seasons as a Pro League veteran and countless pennants in 4v4 I was just wondering if you guys had ever tried levelling the playing field by capping the total/average player ratings for a squad?

Has it been tried? Discussed?

Pros? Cons?

Just wondering.

Print this item